Beantwoord

I have UnlimitedPlus but I can't use the network abroad (EU)

• 6 May 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 41 Bekeken

Hi. 

I've been having trouble using my phone outside of the Netherlands since July 2023, when I switched to UnlimitedPlus. Whenever I've traveled to places like Spain (Barcelona twice) and Belgium (Antwerp), I couldn't get any network connection.

I know I should have fixed this earlier, but I kept forgetting about it, and it's been a hassle every time I've left the Netherlands. I've tried turning on mobile data and roaming, but it always says "No service."

I've got a trip planned to Italy and Spain in the next 3 weeks, so I really need to get this sorted out beforehand. Can anyone suggest how I can check and make sure I'll have a smooth network connection for my upcoming trip? Thanks!

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 6 May 2024, 12:45

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Pavineenn 

With an Odido subscription you shouldn't have problems abroad but please check the following things :

Are mobile data and roaming on?

Does restarting your phone help? If not than see this page to see which provider will work.

Check your blokkades in your Odido account.

If you have an open invoice or a betalingsregeling than use outside NL is barred.

Hi @Waqqas  Thank you for the prompt response. 

I did turn on the mobile data & roaming and restart my phone everytime but it still didn’t work. My invoices are paid ontime due to the automatic collection. I also tried selecting networks manually but it still didn’t work. I eneded up purchasing the local simcards during the trips.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi @Waqqas  Thank you for the prompt response. 

I eneded up purchasing the local simcards during the trips.

Although less convinient, it is the best priced solution.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Pavineenn, welcome to our Community and awesome to see that you've been traveling a lot! I've looked into it for you and there was barring on international roaming on your account. This was a standard barring that was there from the start of your subscription. I removed it for you. I wish you came to us sooner, so we could've helped you with this before your trips - but I'm happy we were able to help you now. So, next time you're traveling, you will be able to connect to networks abroad! You can check the page that @Waqqas send you to see all available networks in all countries! 😄

Reageer