Skip to main content

Hello,

Its my first post here. I have been an Odido customer for many years and so far happy with the performance wand customer support. This month came across a new situation where I didn't like response hence trying here.

Its regarding the recent mobile bill I received, which is significantly higher than my usual monthly charge. I have been charged €50 for this month, despite my usual subscription being €12. Upon reviewing the bill, I noticed that the extra charges are due to exceeding the minutes ( above 120min).

While I understand the additional charges for exceeding my bundle, I am surprised and disappointed that I did not receive any warning or notification that I was approaching or had exceeded my allocated minutes. I am aware that such warnings are regularly issued for internet data usage, so I would like to inquire why a similar system is not in place for call minutes.

I called customer case and she replied that you should go for unlimited call bundle and we never said that we will send you warning if you exceed the limit. Well I was never told you will send warning if I exceed internet usage but you did, same was expected with calling as well. 

The current situation feels both unexpected and unacceptable, especially given the high rates charged for the additional minutes.

I would appreciate if you could review this bill and providing a more reasonable adjustment, considering the lack of warning and the minimal excess usage.

Thank you for your attention to this matter!

Hello @Pat24 

With mobile data, data can be used even if you are not using data yourself. That's why you get a warning I think. Also people are more vulnerable to overusing data.

If you choose 120 minutes than you basically know that you won't call for more than 120 minutes each month, unlike mobile data minutes cannot be used if you are not calling.

That's why it's important to have the Odido app so you can monitor your usage.

The thing is, data can be used by the phone without the user even having knowledge about that. Software updates, video's, it goes when the app decides it needs it. That is why there are warnings in place. For that reason there is also an expensive rating system to do realtime data charging.

For voice, the user is always aware that he is making a call and cannot be surprised by unexpected calls. If you have choosen for a limited minute bundle, you should be aware that you can not spend hours on the phone without an additional charge. The charging/ minute counting is not realtime but is visible in a) your phone for an estimation and b) in the Odido app after some time.

Although some providers like Simpel can offer you a hard “call minute ceiling”, which costs 50 cent per month as your calls will than be led via a (more expensive) prepaid billing platform, 95% of the providers have the same method for no extra warnings for limited minute bundels.

Odido made it very attractive to buy an unlimited minute bundle, so you do not have to worry / think about the minuts while talking on the phone. Every subscription they have can be change per month towards it.

Reageer