Beantwoord

You have reached the maximum number of rules (12) that can be configured on a Zyxel T-56

• 4 March 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 58 Bekeken

• is een Master Poster
  • 11 reacties

I am getting this error message when i am adding a new MAC adres to the Wifi MAC Filter..
you have reached the maximum number of rules (12) that can be configured

stranges thing is that there only 10 rules in 2,4 Ghz and under 5 Ghz 9 rules.
So what is causing this error...

icon

Beste antwoord door henkdeleeuw 26 March 2024, 21:18

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @EddyH0, ooph this goes beyond my knowledge regarding MAC addresses and filters. @Waqqas Do you perhaps know the answer to this question? Thanks in advance!

hi
Ialso entered my question in Dutch on the forum.
From my understanding is ODIDO working on solving this issue but when it is solved is unknown.
But I hope that it will be resolve very soon because i can't add all my wireless devices to the network.

Reputatie 4
Badge

@Jason van Odido You don’t need knowledge of MAC addresses and filters for this.
This is a bug in the firmware of the router.
The user interface promises 12 filter entries for both 2.4 and 5 GHz, but indicates that the list is full before this limit has been reached.
Only a new firmware version will help.

@EddyH0 I’m afraid that, if you want to resolve this problem quickly, you’ll have to get a different router yourself. Odido wants to test the firmware of their routers thoroughly before releasing it.
This thoroughness comes at the cost of speed: the b8 version firmware of the T-56 router introduced several new bugs, and was rolled out end november/beginning december. The cause of the problems was known by the end of december, and a new firmware was available halfway january.
Most of the customers haven’t yet received this new firmware, now, more than two months after a fix was available, and almost four months after the problems turned up.

If you need a fix quicker than that, my guess is that you’re on your own.
Maybe someone at Odido has more inside knowledge, and maybe the fix can be deployed quicker than with previous issues. But, going by Jason’s reaction, the problem itself isn’t generally known at Odido, so I wouldn’t hold my breath, if I were you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

That’s a fair point @henkdeleeuw: I obviously misinterpreted the original post - my bad, sorry! Thanks for replying with a workaround. I’ll ask our experts what the current status is regarding this bug. To be continued.

@Sven-Odido Heb jij een idee wanneer dit eventueel opgelost zou kunnen worden? 

Reageer