Skip to main content
Beantwoord

Internet speed low

• 24 June 2024
  • 9 reacties
  • 65 Bekeken

I am not sure if current internet speed is normal but sometimes I feel too low speed intermittently. Also there is intermittent internet disconnection for a very short time especially during video call meeting. It disturbs my working from home time.

I had changed internet price to higher for 2giga but it was same so I restored it to 1giga internet. 

Can someone help to check my internet condition and provide me solution?

Thank you for help.

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Seongjin You 

What speed are you getting when you connect a laptop wired to the router and perform a speedtest with the Ookla speedtest app?

Do the disconnections only happen on WiFi or on wired devices aswell?

Does it help to restart the ONT and router? And what other devices do you have connected to the Zyxel (wired)?

I do not have laptop which has ethernet port so I cannot check speed with wire. 
This is the capture of odido speedtest with phone and wifi.

I did power off/on the router but still it was same. 
I connect devolo which has 1 giga capacity to the odido router for wifi area extension.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Seongjin You 

Does the speed via WiFi increase when you disconnect the Devolo and connect to the Zyxel WiFi?

The speed by deactivating devolo is much better but ping is same as 11. 

Can you please check if this speed and ping are normal?

The main problem to me is, intermittent disconnection during video call meeting. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Seongjin You 

This speed via WiFi is excellent and 11ms latency is excellent aswell, are the disconnections also there without the Devolo?

Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not have laptop which has ethernet port so I cannot check speed with wire connection.

Zyxel’s WLAN cable is connected to only devolo and it is working as mesh wifi. Test was made like this. 
1. Speed test while using mesh wifi - around 200 was measured which is slow. 
2. Speed test by disconnection WLAN cable of devolo and plug out it. At this time, only Zyxel is working for wifi zone - around 700 was measured and it is confirmed as good speed.

3. Speed test while using mesh wifi again with same condition of #1 - not sure why suddenly the speed is increased but here is the capture of it. Ping is 12.

For the issue of intermittent disconnection, I have experienced it only when I was using mesh wifi. I have no chance to test with only Zyxel wifi so I will test it today because video call is planned today afternoon.

If router is meaning Zyxel, restarting of it does not help unfortunately. If router means another thing, please let me know. Devolo re-plug has been also done several times but does not help.

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

I have tested two things yesterday and today.

I have tested video call only with Zyxel wifi and with mesh wifi using devolo. I did not feel any disconnection.

I do not understand what makes different actually. But the clear thing is, internet speed is much better when I use only Zyxel wifi.

Please let me know if you can already monitor my internet trend. Otherwise, no help needed at this moment so I wilI create another ticket when I start to feel disconnection.

Thank you for help.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Seongjin You 

Devolo powerline adapter right? The quality of the electricity plays a role in this.

Yes true. Devolo is a power line adapter. 

Reageer