Skip to main content

Imou camera cannot connect to T-56 router

• 9 July 2024
  • 9 reacties
  • 68 Bekeken

I received a new router from Odido.  However, my camera is just not connecting.

Router: ZYXEL T-56

Camera: Imou ipc-b46lp / Wi-Fi: Dual-band 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz / IEEE802.11b/g/n/ac

I tried with my neighbour’s wifi from KPN and my old router, the camera connected immediately. 

It looks like the issue from the ZYXEL T-56 router. 

I called the customer service few times and unfortunately there is no solution yet. 

The three options from this post are not helping, either. 

• 802.11 mode naar b/g/n
  • Security naar WPA2 only 
  • Protected Management Frames naar Disabled 

Does anyone have any other solutions? 

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hallo @TTTTTTTTTT 

Do you need to connect the camera via an app? Does it help to turn off 5 GHz?

Hallo @TTTTTTTTTT 

Do you need to connect the camera via an app? Does it help to turn off 5 GHz?

That’s right, I need to connect the camera to wifi via the camera’s app. I did turn off the 5G and kept the 2.4G only, but it did not work, unfortunately. 

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

Hi @TTTTTTTTTT, I checked the router settings for you and I see that at the moment Wifi6 is turned on and the frequenties haven't been separated. Could it be that you have changed the settings again? Otherwise I would love to change the settings for you to see if this will help! 

Hi @TTTTTTTTTT, I checked the router settings for you and I see that at the moment Wifi6 is turned on and the frequenties haven't been separated. Could it be that you have changed the settings again? Otherwise I would love to change the settings for you to see if this will help! 

I changed the setting back because it did not solved the problem. 

Thanks for your reaction but it’s not needed.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@TTTTTTTTTT If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let me know. I’m happy to do so! 

I received the Wifipunt (Zyxel WX5600) from Odido. 

Unfortunately, this sill does not solve the problem. 

@TTTTTTTTTT If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let me know. I’m happy to do so! 

Thanks for your reaction. 

Please let me know if Odido has any other solutions. The camera still cannot be connected.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Unfortunatly,  the equipement you have seems not on par with the latest security and wifi possibilities.

You could upgrade your camera system, or add an "older" wifi access point to your local network to connect with the old camera's. 

Ps, when you changef the several high security parameters in the Zyxel to lower, did you first "forget network" in the camera's? Otherwise tje camera's will use the wrong credentials compared to what you changed.

Unfortunatly,  the equipement you have seems not on par with the latest security and wifi possibilities.

You could upgrade your camera system, or add an "older" wifi access point to your local network to connect with the old camera's. 

Ps, when you changef the several high security parameters in the Zyxel to lower, did you first "forget network" in the camera's? Otherwise tje camera's will use the wrong credentials compared to what you changed.

Downgrade the router security level did not solve the problem, either. Your colleague(s) already helped me on that. The camera is not old, it does support 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz. 

Besides, the camera was reseted for each re-try. Hence, “forget network" was taken in consideration. 

Reageer