Skip to main content

Hi, since the start of my fiber subscription, I have been having issues where my internet drops intermittently for a few seconds to a few minutes at a time, and mostly (almost always) in the late afternoon to evenings. Much the same as described by the two people in this thread: Link

I have been on the phone with the call centre for months now. They’ve sent a technician to reconfigure the wifi setup, they’ve sent a replacement wifi punt, but still I’m seeing the issue every single evening. 
There seems to be many people having this issue, and this issue does not exist with other ISPs. What’s going on? Can you please help?

Hello @Stras 

Do you have this issue on WiFi and via a wired connection?

Does the internet globe turn red when your connection drops or does it remain green?

Which mediaconverter do you have?

Hi @Waqqas, we don’t really use the wired connection due to where the modem is located at the moment. However, there is never an issue connecting via wifi - I’m always connected to the modem or the extender but the internet connection goes down completely. So when the internet  connection is up, the speed is perfect at 400mbps but then it completely drops to “no internet connection” every few minutes in the evening. 

Internet globe does not turn red, all lights are green and stay green throughout.

I’m not sure which media converter it is - see attached photo. 

@Stras 

How does the WiFi function without WiFi extender?

@Waqqas - let me test that tonight (since the drops only happen on the evening). To reiterate: this is already a replacement wifi extender sent by Odido, no difference in result.

@Stras 

Till the evening hours all works fine? If it doesn't improve after removing the repeater than maybe you have thos issue aswell:

https://community.odido.nl/thuisnetwerk-566/verzameltopic-traag-internet-in-de-avond-wba-netwerk-365921

@Waqqas - Yes, everything works fine during the day.

Tested it without the extender for two days, but issue persisted.

@Stras 

See the topic above.

@Stras

See the topic above.

I’ve been following that thread, but there doesn’t seem to be any proposed solutions or even any recent reactions from Odido on that. @Cheyenne van Odido - can you please help? I am struggling to do anything on my internet in the evening.

Reageer