Skip to main content

Annoying wifi connection during the day

• 2 July 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 57 Bekeken

Hi there, I have been experiencing a very slow internet connection post noon for several days now. I have tested my interenet speed several times and have seen the upload speeds of  ~200 Mbps and download speed is in ~300 mbps. My subscription is 1000 Mbps.  I also have a wifi plus inside home to extend the connection and that signals with 3 green lights.  I have a T54 Zyxel modem. It is very annoying and every other devices are experiencing slow connection after mid day. Worst part is I am trying to reach to their customer service via chat for few days now and they are always busy which is extremely disappointing.  I am very disappointed with the internet quality from T-Mobile now. Please advise me what should I do in this situation. I am stuck with this because of my mobile contract, I would prefer to change at the earliest.  Thanks!

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Welcome to our community! @Najumudeen_NL 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I want you to be able to enjoy superfast internet again, I’m glad to help you further to achieve this! 

I immediately looked into the system to check your connection and I do get a notification that something isn’t going right. Can you please give the router and the ONT (white or black box in the electricity closet) a reset? You can do this as follows: 

1. Disconnect the router and the Media Converter/ONT (the small white or black box) from the power.
  2. Wait at least 10 seconds. Then connect the Media Converter/ONT to the power again and let it restart for 30 seconds. Then connect the router to the power again.
  3. Wait until everything has started up completely.
  4. Check whether the services are working again.

Please let me know when you're ready. I will continue my investigation and take a look at your connection again! 

Hello Teresa,

Thank you for your response. I have been doing that everyday when it gets poor.  Its always a restart every time which I forgot to mention above. I also occasionally turn off the WIFI connection at home when I am outside. 

It still keeps on happening every day.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Najumudeen_NL 

Are the speeds above via WiFi or via a wired connection? And is everything working fine on the morning?

By slow internet connection what do you mean exactly? 200 Mbps is still very fast 

Do you maybe have a Genexis/Nokia XGSPON ONT? Than you have this problem maybe:

https://community.odido.nl/thuisnetwerk-566/verzameltopic-traag-internet-in-de-avond-wba-netwerk-365921

Hello Waqqas,

Speeds are via WiFi. I don’t have a wired connection. yes most of the times it works in the morning. Some times face issue in the morning as well. Slow internet connection , meaning some websites are buffering and gets stuck every few seconds. I will check the ONT and the link shared.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Najumudeen_NL, thanks for getting back to this topic! I looked extensively at your internet connection but I was not able to find any concerning values. Could you place the modem at a free, open position, about 1 meter in height? Please do not put furniture or other objects directly in front of the modem. If possible, I also recommend you to connect the Wifi-point with an Internetcable. 

If the issue persists, could you check how the lights are functioning on the Wifi-point when the connection is bad? I would love to see you enjoy the Internet soon again!

Reageer