Skip to main content
Beantwoord

No ISRA connection in my appartment

• 17 June 2024
  • 12 reacties
  • 137 Bekeken

Hello!
I am writing in English because my Dutch is still a bit limited, but here is my issue: 

I am moving to a new apartment and I am receiving the modem from Odido this Wednesday, and my service will be active starting July 1st. However, I don't have any ISRA connection in my apartment. I contacted my landlord, and he told me that the previous tenants were using KPN from downstairs and said that a cable needs to be extended to my apartment from there. What are the next steps? Is it possible to have a technician make this installation before that time?

Thank you,

BR

12 reacties

Dear Mavic,

No problem at all that you’re writing in English. If you don’t have an ISRA connection and the previous tenants used a cable for KPN, I recommend contacting Odido customer service. They can look into the possible solutions for you. Unfortunately, I am not an Odido employee, so I cannot assist you directly with this issue.

I wish you a pleasant evening, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

King regards,
Kyomi

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @mavicmike 

So do you use the ISRA connection point from downstairs or are rhere also people living downstairs and you have an internet cable coming from their KPN router?

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @mavicmike, great to see that you chose us, welcome! 😄 From July 1, we can send a technician who will check on location what is possible. If you have previously received an email that your signal is active, we can also send a technician from this moment on! Will you leave a comment by this time? Greetings, Ishana

Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot for your replies and welcoming.

@kyomi  I believe the previous tenant was using Wi-Fi from the neighbors, haha. But that’s not an option for me because I will work from home and sometimes need to handle large file sizes.

I don't want to cause any traffic issues for the neighbors.

@Waqqas  I haven't tried anything yet. I just know that my neighbor from BIS (1st floor) has a KPN modem, and I believe I need to pull an RJ11 cable or something similar to connect the modem from Odido.

@Ishana van Odido   Thanks for the message. I will leave a comment here as suggested. I also noticed that at the entrance of the building, we have optical fiber ready to install. I believe it would be better to have OF instead of DSL. Do you know how to proceed?

Thank you all once again!

Have a great day!

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@mavicmike 

It's not possible for you to get Odido internet if your neighbour allready uses the connection for KPN.

If you can order Fiber, the postcodecheck should show Fiber is available.

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @mavicmike, I would like to give you clarity! We have started installing fiber optic in your neighborhood. In the meantime, stable and reliable DSL internet is available at your address. When Fiber Optic is possible, you will hear from us immediately. In addition, you can always check it on Mijn Odido and you can also keep an eye on ‘Glasvezelcheck’ on our website: https://www.odido.nl/internet/glasvezel/check?. Then you don't have to wait for our response! Greetings, Ishana

Hi @mavicmike, great to see that you chose us, welcome! 😄 From July 1, we can send a technician who will check on location what is possible. If you have previously received an email that your signal is active, we can also send a technician from this moment on! Will you leave a comment by this time? Greetings, Ishana

Hi again @Ishana van Odido I am reaching out again regarding the service activation. I already got the email and SMS from Odido saying that the service is ready. But looks like the service from my neighbor from downstairs is down since this activation. I believe since there’s only one ISRA connection, Odido replaced her phone / DSL line?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@mavicmike 

That could be the case if there is only one ISRA in the building. The previous tenants were than using a infernet cable from the KPN modem.

@mavicmike

That could be the case if there is only one ISRA in the building. The previous tenants were than using a infernet cable from the KPN modem.

Hi Waqqas, thanks for your reply. I don’t want to cause any issues for my neighbor, so I’m considering canceling my subscription for now. What are the best alternatives available in this situation? Should I wait for optic fiber installation, or is there another solution to ensure both services can run simultaneously without interruption? Thank you for your assistance!

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@mavicmike Thank you for reaching out to us about this situation. 

I’m glad to read that you received a notification that the line is activated. However, I understand your concern about your neighbor. From what I can see in the system, we did not take over the line, but I do see that you have an addition to your house number. This might have caused for some confusion in the underlying system if not done properly.

Since I don’t know if your neighbor has a subscription with us or another provider, I can’t see further details about this. I advise you to tell your neighbor to contact their provider to figure out what is going on. If this is us, then maybe you can ask for them to respond in this topic. 

In any case, I’m here to further assist you if needed! 

@mavicmike Thank you for reaching out to us about this situation. 

I’m glad to read that you received a notification that the line is activated. However, I understand your concern about your neighbor. From what I can see in the system, we did not take over the line, but I do see that you have an addition to your house number. This might have caused for some confusion in the underlying system if not done properly.

Since I don’t know if your neighbor has a subscription with us or another provider, I can’t see further details about this. I advise you to tell your neighbor to contact their provider to figure out what is going on. If this is us, then maybe you can ask for them to respond in this topic. 

In any case, I’m here to further assist you if needed! 

Hi @Teresa van Odido , thanks for the reply.

My neighbor is calling KPN to cancel the cancellation they initiated, because it looks like the line was replaced by you :( Since I don’t have any ISRA connection, is there any possibility to solve this from your side? Could you install a dedicated ISRA in my apartment?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@mavicmike

2 services via the same ISRA point will not work.

If you want your own connection than you could apply for one via www.mijnaansluiting.nl.

For fiber there need to be 2 connections aswell I guess because your neighbours will need to switch to fiber aswell.

Reageer