Skip to main content
Beantwoord

No connection even after 3 months

• 17 August 2023
  • 1 reactie
  • 84 Bekeken

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I just wanted to share my recent experience with getting a new internet connection set up in our new home, and honestly, I'm feeling quite frustrated and a bit perplexed by the situation.

We made a request for a new internet connection back on June 28, 2023. It's been almost three months now, and to my surprise, my connection hasn't even started yet. I've been quite patient throughout this process, and every week I've been calling the customer care to get updates on the situation. However, each time I call, I'm told to wait for the next week for progress.

Today's call to customer care took me by surprise. The representative mentioned that there's still uncertainty about when my connection will be set up, stating that it could happen tomorrow or even next month. On top of that, they casually mentioned that if I'm unhappy with the situation, I can just cancel my request. Frankly, this response felt a bit weird and even a touch rude, considering the fact that I've been eagerly waiting for the service for almost three months now.

I understand that there can be unforeseen circumstances that might lead to delays, but it's frustrating to be left in the dark about when I can expect to have a functional internet connection in my new home. This situation has been quite inconvenient, especially in today's digital age where a reliable internet connection is almost essential for various tasks.

I just wanted to share my experience here and see if anyone else has encountered similar situations with their service providers. It's a bit disheartening when you've been patiently waiting and get a response that doesn't seem to address the issue directly. If anyone has any suggestions or advice on how to navigate this situation, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading my post and letting me vent a little. Wishing you all a better experience with your service providers!

Best regards,

Abhilash

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

If you order an internet connection on a DSL (analoge) line or an existing fiber optic connection at your house, it is possible to predict the delivery time. If the local grid provider needs to make an installation of the glasfiber into your house  the connection data can be predicted with a wish date, but that can swing due to the civel works that need to be plannen and executed. If you cancel, this will be the same with the next service provider loket t-mobile.  They most of the time use the same frid provider. Some patience is needed, the customer care representative can not make any promise so, if you didn't like his answer,  the only thing he could offer was the cancellation. 

If for the long term you want to have glasfiber in your house, you just have to sit this one out.

Reageer