Skip to main content

Hi Team, I had taken a new tv+internet contract in March 2023. At the store in woensel Eindhoven. I was told i could cancel the tv anytime hence I didn't mind tv+internet contract. I have not used my tv services since the start. I had requested a cancellation of the tv on 7th month as it was only free for 8 months and to be charged later. However i am facing difficulty in cancellation of the tv connection. Last month invoice includes the tv charges but I have not been using it. Called customer care got no help. Created a case at the odido store yet no help. Can anyone help me in cancellation of my tv connection. I can't do it in the app as well it's disabled for me.

Hey @npanda, good of you to have started a topic on this.
I'd like to give you some more clarity on this. Namely, you are stuck with your TV subscription for one year. After that year, the TV subscription becomes cancellable monthly. You can easily cancel your TV subscription next month in My Odido!

But this is wrong. Selling services by lying to customers saying they can cancel anytime is wrong. You are basically creating new customers who would never continue with you guys for long term. It's just not acceptable. I would have never opted for it if it was not cancelable upto 1 year. Please let me know if you can cancel the tv services from backend if not this will be my first and last contract with odido.

Hi @npanda, this should have been stated when the subscription was taken out. I am sorry to hear that this was not properly communicated. I can cancel the subscription, but there will be a cancellation fee for the remaining time. 

What would be the cancellation charges?

Hi @npanda, I have pulled some strings and I managed to cancel the TV subscription, per direcit, without any charges! 

Thank you so much @Tommie van Odido

Reageer