Skip to main content

Murphy’s law is all about my upgrade to XGS-PON …..

My home connection stopped to work. Basically, ONT can’t sense OLT. I called service, we replaced my Zaram with Huawei ONT, same result.

From what guy on the phone told me, I need to expect someone to contact me on Monday to deal with this issue further, but…. I am going to vacation on Saturday, and I really need for home internet to work at that point…. as it was supposed to be semi-vacation, and I was supposed to do some stuff, which requires me to have connection to hardware at home.

Any chance to move things quicker?

Hello @antst 

Because you had your own zaram SFP connected the Huawei ONT is probably not registered anymore and won't work. Is the LOS light blinking on the Huawei or is the PON light blinking?

As I wrote, we changed registration ID.

It is not that.

it is LOS blinking. As I wrote, neither Zaram nor Huawei can’t sense OLT.

@antst Did the technician come by yesterday? I can see that there was an appointment, but the notes have not been made available to me yet. 

In any case, I'm happy to help you further if needed! 

@antst Did the technician come by yesterday? I can see that there was an appointment, but the notes have not been made available to me yet. 

In any case, I'm happy to help you further if needed! 

He came this morning, and fixed. It was something loose in district box. So, now it works again :)

@antst Thats amazing news, I'm happy it all worked out and the issue has been resolved! 😀

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help.

Enjoy your vacation! ☀️

Thanks!

Reageer