Skip to main content

Hi, I am using the prepaid sim and trying to use the internet in Spain with the Combi M, but it is not connecting. I went through the following checks suggested by the chatbot but it's still not working. Could you help me out?

There is no blocking set
There is no outstanding invoices
I restarted the phone
The sim card is unlocked
Roaming is on
I have enough data left
I tried switching to another carrier

Welcome to our Community, Tsuyoshi! Spain sounds great right now. I was there last week and I'd love to go back. I've looked into your account and I see that you purchased the Combi M bundle. At the moment you still have 925/1000MB. Did you get it to work yesterday? If not, please try the following: connect to one of these networks manually: Movistar or Orange. Does this fix it for you? And if not, what provider are you connected to and what else do you see on your screen exactly? I look forward to your reply! 😊

Hi Marciano, thanks for your reply. No, it hasn't worked properly yet. It seemed to work for a only few moment last week but it stopped working. I tired all the networks that appears on my phone: Yoigo, Movistar, Orange, and Vodafone but none of them works.

Hi Tsuyoshi, of course we want to do everything we can to solve this problem for you, but it looks like your connection is working. You have used some MBs again in the past few minutes. Abroad, we do not have masts ourselves, but have data agreements with various providers to ensure that our customers can still be reached when they are not in The Netherlands. In some cases, it is therefore necessary to switch networks manually. In one place, coverage is stronger with one provider and in another place it's stronger with another provider.

If this is not the problem, I would like to do some other checks with you. Would you please check the APN settings in your device? This should say the following: smartsites.t-mobile or internet. If this is not there, then your internet may not be working properly. Also, rebooting your device sometimes helps!

If this doesn't help either, then I would like to ask you to perform a cross test if possible. This involves putting your SIM card into another device to see if you experience the same issues then. This way I can know whether the problem is in your device or in the SIM card.

I will be waiting for your response. If you have any questions in the meantime, just let me know!

Hi Sam, I tried it on my old iPhone 7 Plus and it worked! But it's still not working on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. I rebooted the device several times but it's still the same. I checked the app settings for cellular data as well.

My APN says "internet.mobiel". Is that ok?

Hi, good to read that it does work again on your iPhone 7 Plus in the meantime. Would you mind trying changing the APN on your iPhone 13 Pro Max to 'smartsites.t-mobile’ or to 'internet'? Our device help can help you with this: https://www.t-mobile.nl/toestelhulp. Good chance everything will then work again on your other iPhone! 

What you can also try is to manually select a network. It is important to disable your automatic network selection. You will then see the following networks: Telefónica Móviles España, Vodafone Spain, Xfera Móviles or Orange Spain. You can go through these networks 1 by 1 to see which one has the best coverage! Will you let me know if it worked out?

Hi Anouk, I found out the culprit. It was the NordVPN app. Although I had disconnected from the VPN on the app, my phone was still trying to connect and that was causing the data connection error.

After I disconnected from the VPN on the app and closed it, and also turning off the VPN in the Settings, I was able to connect to the internet with cellular data.

Thank you for your help!

Good morning Tsuyoshi, good to hear that you found out the cause of your data error, and that you're connected now. On behalf of all of us, I wish you a great stay in Spain! 😄

Reageer