Skip to main content
Beantwoord

My Apple watch Cellular Multisim not working

My Apple Watch Series 9 is not letting me activate Multisim, and says my Odido NL account is not eligible. I have included some details below:

WatchOS 10.5

iOS 17.5.1

Watch Activated two days ago

Watch Model Number: A2982 / MRHR3QF/A

Odido Mobile Number: XXX

It is a cellular version and has the red ring on the side. 

I need it working asap for a sporting holiday, so if you c,uld please do everything you can to help me!

Thanks,

Hi Viraj, welcome to our Community! I completely understand you would like help with this as soon as possible. At this moment it's a known issue and our technical department is working hard to resolve this. They are gathering cases to help fix this. I've looked into your account and I'm glad to see that my colleague already forwarded a case (72205584) for you to them on Saturday. At this moment they have a processing time of 13 days, however there is a chance that they will pick up your case sooner. When are you leaving for your sporting holiday? I hope they will be able to fix this for you before that! Please let me know if my colleagues contacted you. Otherwise I will check the case regularly to see if there's any updates!

Thank you so much for a reply! I really appreciate it.

I have not yet been contacted by anyone. I leave either tomorrow or the day after depending on the weather so if you could work some magic and have someone handle this soon that would be amazing

Have a nice day,

Hi Viraj, you're welcome! That's very soon and I hope you will enjoy your holiday. I can't make any promises, because I can't control the colleagues of the department that need to fix this, and I can't see how busy they actually are, but I have requested to prioritize your case, so you can have a working multisim as soon as possible. I hope you and I will hear from them soon.

Thank you so much, and you have a great day too!

That’s great, I hope it works out. 

Could you please ensure they know to contact me on my phone number ending in 3451? 

Thanks,

Hi Viraj, I hope so too! Yes, my colleague added this phone number as contact number! 😄

Hi Viraj, good news, I've gotten a reply on my priority request and my colleague told me about this workaround to fix this issue for you. I hope you're still in the Netherlands today. Are you? To fix your multisim, we have to do the following:

You will need a new sim card for your phone. With this new sim card, your multisim request should work then. You can use an eSIM or physical sim card (the fastest way for a physical sim card is in one of our shops). You won't have to pay for this new sim card. 

If you go to the shop for a new sim card, please tell them my colleagues from INM told you about this workaround and the sim card should be free, or let them check case number 72205584. Otherwise I can always credit it afterwards, so no worries.

After the new sim card (and activation) it may be neccesary for you to reboot or reset your Watch.

Please let me know if you're able to go to one of our shops today and get a new sim card. If you'd like an eSIM, I can also order one for you. If you have access to your Mijn Odido account, I can have one ready for you in no time. You will only need to download and activate it.

Hope to hear from you soon! 😄

@Marciano van Odido 

Good morning,

I'm heading out for my water sporting trip soon but will keep my phone on and be reachable if you or your team need anything from me. Could you ask them to keep me updated (via SMS if that is easier for them) on their progress? 

Happy to write a glowing positive review or email to your manager (or whomever relevant) if this gets resolved quickly :)

Thanks and please keep me updated on any updates re. my case,

Hi!

Sorry for some reason my last message sent late? Strange…

Anyways, thank you for the reply!

My holiday is in the Netherlands, and yes you caught me just in time.

Can my son drop by the store and handle the activation or will I have to be there? 

If I have to be there, please go ahead and order me an eSim. If you need an e-mail, please use the one attatched to this account (ending in 509). 

I do still have access to my Odido app.

Thank you!

Hi Viraj, haha very strange, but no problem! You can only get a new sim card in the shop yourself, so I ordered an eSIM for you. It's ready for you to download on this page. Then you can activate it and then it should work to order the Multisim via your Watch as well. I hope it all goes smoothly. Please let me know if it worked. 

Hi Viraj, haha very strange, but no problem! You can only get a new sim card in the shop yourself, so I ordered an eSIM for you. It's ready for you to download on this page. Then you can activate it and then it should work to order the Multisim via your Watch as well. I hope it all goes smoothly. Please let me know if it worked. 

Yes! Everything is working and in order. Thank you and your colleagues/team very much for doing this for me. Two more things:

1. Might be nice if more people on this community learn about this workaround, im sure it would help them and lower your workload having to deal with this issue a lot. 
  2. Please let me know where I can leave a glowing review or experience or whatever. I am so very pleased you arranged this for me in time for my trip, thank you!. If there is a supervisor/manager or anyone please show them this message. You deserve a reward for your outstanding help. 

Have a wonderful week,

Hi Viraj, I'm so happy to hear that everything works and just in time for your trip! Very good point. I will definitely see what I can do to get more customers to know about this workaround. My colleague was already working on a topic about this. He will be back tomorrow, so we can add this to it. And thank you so much for your kind words. This reply is all I need, and my manager will hear about it. (I'm still going to try and claim that reward! 😋😎)

I wish you a great holiday and if you ever have any questions in the future, please feel free to start a new topic. The Community (and myself) is here for you! 

Reageer