Data abroad

• 25 January 2024
  • 8 reacties
  • 429 Bekeken

Ever since T mobile became odido my data abroad does not work, sometimes not in EEA, not in EU, definitely not anywhere else. I called three times in 2023 and the problem was not lost. I called in late November - the problem was not lost but I was told that a new sim card will be sent and with the new (odido instead of t-mobile) card, it will work. the card never came. I called again in December and was told that nobody had registered my calls and the sim to be sent. They told me they will send a sim card this time, but it was too late to have it for my Christmas vacation abroad.

Now, in January 2024 I went abroad and data only worked selectively and at times. When calling the customer service I was told that they have no answer, and that if I want to change companies I still have to pay the rest of my annual contract. The contract states I will have data abroad, which I don’t. So, if I’m not getting the service, why should I pay? mind you, if Odido changed the terms of teh contract, this should have been clearly stated when they took over the T-mobile customers. Guess what? It was not.

I was also today told that the previous interactions I had with the customer service were not registered in the system. Despite clearly asking for a reference number or written confirmation every time I called, I never got it. I asked for an email address to contact and have something to prove that I’m trying to solve this, I never got it. And I was put on hold for 15 minutes today, to top it all off. 

I had no intention of changing companies, but this total lack of respect to the customer and the inability to do what you say you do is mind blowing 

Marciano van Odido 3 maanden geleden

Hi Athanasia, welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear about the way you've been treated on the phone. I wish I could've saved you this experience. Did my colleagues walk through a troubleshoot with you to try possible sollutions for you to get connected to a network abroad? According to my information you're back in the Netherlands is that correct?

Please contact us here on the Community if you've planned a trip abroad and we will be happy to check a few things with you before you go abroad without a connection. Things such as: available networks in the country that you're going, an active internet bundle (Travel & Surf / Internet op reis) and roaming barrings. Also, when you're abroad and it still doesn't work we can research certains settings to dive deeper into it.

I'm pretty sure that you will have a good network connection next time you're abroad, and I hope you will come to me or my colleagues here on the Community to help you with it. 

About canceling the contract. This is possible, but only after my colleagues from IT researched the issue and weren't able to solve it. So, what my colleagues said is correct, however I'm not sure how they said it, but I believe that this could've been explained better.

Is there anything I can do for you now? Let me know, I'm here for you!

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Athanasia, welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear about the way you've been treated on the phone. I wish I could've saved you this experience. Did my colleagues walk through a troubleshoot with you to try possible sollutions for you to get connected to a network abroad? According to my information you're back in the Netherlands is that correct?

Please contact us here on the Community if you've planned a trip abroad and we will be happy to check a few things with you before you go abroad without a connection. Things such as: available networks in the country that you're going, an active internet bundle (Travel & Surf / Internet op reis) and roaming barrings. Also, when you're abroad and it still doesn't work we can research certains settings to dive deeper into it.

I'm pretty sure that you will have a good network connection next time you're abroad, and I hope you will come to me or my colleagues here on the Community to help you with it. 

About canceling the contract. This is possible, but only after my colleagues from IT researched the issue and weren't able to solve it. So, what my colleagues said is correct, however I'm not sure how they said it, but I believe that this could've been explained better.

Is there anything I can do for you now? Let me know, I'm here for you!

Thanks for the reply. But are you suggesting that I call the (very unhelpful) call line of odido every time I have to travel? Given that I travel almost every week for work, I would have to call you guys every week? And I have to call you for a service I already pay for and usually does not work? Not to mention  that in all the times I called, I was actually only helped once. How does this make sense? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Athanasia, no, I'm asking you to contact us here on the Community before you go on your next trip, so we can double check your settings in advance. If everything is ok, I'm sure that you will only need to contact us once. No need to contact us before every trip! 😄

My original package (with T mobile) included data in Switzerland. Ever since odido took over, I struggled having data in Switzerland. I I was there last week and I got a text message telling me that Switzerland “is outside my bundle”. I also checked the rates and saw this (attached). Why did you unilaterally change by bundle while I’m still paying the same money and without informing me? I need to have data in Switzerland as I am there few times every month. Can you add this back to my account asap?

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

T-Mobile consumer products did not have Switserland in the bundles. The name has changed to Odido, but the conditions and price stayed the same.

The new Odido Hello unlimited Plus and Premium do have Switserland in the bundle.

That is not true. I was able to use my data in Switzerland until  last September

And how can I add it back? It is essential, otherwise I need to change mobile providers 

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

I do not know what you did in September, but old t-mobile consumer subscriptions did not have Switserland out of the NL bundle, like Belgium or Germany.

Here on the website of Odido you can see the costs per country outside the EU. When old t-mobile subscription is from before 5 September,  you can order a travel & surf bundle.

Reageer