Beantwoord

Phone stolen - no Odido support - need to block SIM

• 12 April 2024
  • 3 reacties
  • 38 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 1 reactie

Hi there,

i had my phone stolen whilst being abroad. I’m unable to block the SIM, as you need to log into My Odido with a verification code - wait for it - sent to the phone itself. Quite smart right? 

As I haven’t got a phone or access to one at the moment, I can’t call. But trying to get an advisor through chat is not possible, as you’re constantly deflected and directed towards the phone support.

Given the fact that I’m stuck, I’m also contemplating on cancelling my contract with Odido, as this case shows that you're entirely left to yourself and are unsupported. 

any advice on how to proceed? Do I have to come return first and have to go to a physical store to actually get help?

thanks in advance

icon

Beste antwoord door Pharwin van Odido 12 April 2024, 12:52

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

Hello @Alexis, Welcome to our Community! Not nice that your device was stolen. Had you reported it to the police? Hopefully it will still be found! I can block the SIM card for you immediately. I did a quick search on your email address and came across the number ending in ***146. Is it about that number? Shall I also immediately request a new SIM card for you free of charge? You can expect this card at home within 3 working days. If you prefer a faster option, you can also drop by one of our stores. They can help you pair and activate your SIM card right away! 

Do I understand correctly that you want to cancel the subscription? With your subscription, I see that you are still in contract until 29-3-2025. If you want to cancel it, you have to buy it off, because there is also a phone credit attached to it. This is 50% of the monthly cost for the remaining months. You do have a month's notice. Perhaps you can borrow a temporary device from someone, so you can still use your subscription with a new SIM card. 

Just let us know what you would like! 

Hello @Pharwin van Odido ,

yes, please block the current SIM. That is the number, correct. No need to send one yet. I’m flying back tomorrow, so I can go to a local store. Thanks for looking into the contract. That’s good to know. I hope you understand that I was dissatisfied with the service at first. 

in cases like these you have no means of receiving support, as the customer journey is really bad.

Thanks a lot again for helping with this. Appreciate it.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Good morning Alexis, thank you for the confirmation, I blocked your sim card! Sorry to hear, that you didn't receive any support until Pharwin helped you. I hope you will never need this kind of support, like with a stolen phone, but if you need anything, please know that we are here to help you, always.

I hope you still enjoyed your stay abroad, despite your phone being stolen, and I wish you a safe flight back. Please let us know if you got a new sim card in one of our shops and if everything is okay. We'd love to stay updated! 😄

Reageer