Beantwoord

Upload speed 500 mbit instead of 1000 mbit

• 23 October 2023
  • 29 reacties
  • 480 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

Hello.

I recently got a fiber optic connection. The stated speed is 1000 mbps in both directions, but this speed is actually achieved only on download. For some reason upload is limited to ~500 mbit. I check by connecting to the terminal with a wire, not via wi-fi. I tried to reboot the equipment - it doesn't help.

There is similar topics on the forum with the same problem:
https://community.odido.nl/bekabeld-internet-492/lag-spikes-upload-wordt-niet-gehaald-glasvezel-355116
https://community.odido.nl/bekabeld-internet-492/nieuwe-aansluiting-download-1000mbit-upload-500mbit-356963

Please, let's do all the necessary magic and fix the connection. Outgoing speed is important to me.

icon

Beste antwoord door wf1nder 24 October 2023, 10:17

Bekijk origineel

29 reacties

Hi @Ufuk.Ulusoy, welcome to our Community!

I have just re-rigged the ONT. The ONT should restart by itself, if not? Would you please power down the ONT for 30 seconds and let everything boot up. Then you should see an immediate improvement in your speed. 

Hi Tommie,

Thank you for support. Indeed it did work. So it is 1000/1000 now. (on download side shows a lack but it is my mistake)

I appreciate your effort. Thanks again.

I communicated this via Twitter but they replied with a to do list. Which does not make sense at all. Now what you did is works well.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Great to hear @Ufuk.Ulusoy, have a nice evening! 

Hi @Tommie van Odido I have same issue with my connection for months now. 500Mbps upload and 800 or so download speed. Could you also re-rig the ONT for my connection too. Thanks.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @dexter22, good that you comment in this topic, I am more than happy to help you out with the upload speed! That is why I just conducted the re-registration of the ONT. This should give a big boost to your upload speed.

Feel free to reach out if there's anything else, we all love to see you enjoy fast and stable internet! 😄

Reageer