Skip to main content
Beantwoord

No connection in Amsterdam Ezenhagen

• 4 July 2024
  • 9 reacties
  • 66 Bekeken

Starting from today around 1 PM, we have had no internet at Eeuwige Jeugdlaan in Amsterdam. I switched to Odido about a month ago, and this is the second time I've experienced an outage lasting more than a day. I have four questions:

1. When will the current outage be fixed? Are there any updates or additional information available?
  2. Is there a major issue in my neighborhood? Why are we experiencing constant, lengthy outages?
  3. Isn't there a way for you to anticipate outages beforehand? When I called, your colleague said I was the first to report it. I felt like a hero saving my neighborhood from a prolonged outage.
  4. Why isn't there an automatic system to receive updates about neighborhood outages, like "ongoing work" or "fixed"?

I believe I am also entitled to compensation since the outage has lasted more than 12 hours.1

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

Hi @internetuser, thank you for starting this topic. I am here for you! I will answer your question as you asked them:

1. I can see here that your outage is fixed. Your modem is online for 10 hours now. Is is correct that your experience the same? I want make sure, as the issue in your connection is that you seems to be crossed with another connection. Are your online, or offline?
  2. There is no indication of an issue in your neighborhood. There was one briefly yesterday, but this concerned only business connections of our Fixed connection. As for non-business subscription as yourself, there is no known issue. The outage you experienced was an individual one.
  3. At your address we deliver Fiber via the WBA connection of KPN NetwerkNL. Any outages, we mainly rely on them. Sometimes we are ahead of things and can anticipate, sometimes this isn't possible, it all depends on the problem.
  4. There are two types of outages: the ones in KPN NetwerkNL's connection that are directly known to them. In that case, KPN informs us and we send you a text with this information. Via Mijn Odido we keep you up to speed and updated. Then there are the ones that are not directly known and under investigation. In that case, we make a note in this topic and keep you updated! Please note: this only concerns when an issue cause multiple customers to be offline.

Please let me know about your situation right now. The technical department denied the request for a mechanic as we can see that the issue has been fixed. Is this correct?

It is not working yet. Maybe you are checking another customer, but in my modem internet is still red. Customer agent that I talked told me that there is problem in the neighborhood. I have still no internet.

Also, without asking me if internet is working or not how did you decide that everything is working fine 😐

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi @internetuser ,.

If you talk already with customer care, it is better to keep it to that channel. Now two people are doing the same work and that doesn't help in the communication. This is a forum where you talk to other customers. Moderators assist, but they do not work every day, so than communication can be out for some time.

Thanks, Eric, but unfortunately, the first agent I spoke with did not resolve the issue and closed the case without confirming that my internet was functioning. Had I not written here, they might have assumed (erroneously) that my issue was resolved. For instance, when I asked the first 3 questions over the phone, the response was rudely, "I don't know." However, the attitude here is noticeably different, as you can see.

In an ideal world, your suggestion would be excellent, but in reality, where making Odido function properly seems to require trying every possible avenue, I believe reaching out through multiple channels is necessary to ensure someone looks into my case. After all, my internet has still been out for the past two days, hasn't it?

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Well, in the weekend there is no technical backoffice,  if you have opened a new ticket with the frontoffice, they can pick it up next week.

What customer care also can help you with is an unlimited data voucher for a Ben or Odido simcard. Than you can start a wifi hotspot on your phone.

The technical department denied the request for a mechanic as we can see that the issue has been fixed. Is this correct?

seems like this is the problem. Because no neighbor has problem, and my Optical Network Terminal has only WAN and Power lights up. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @internetuser, I checked your connection again and I see that the modem and the line is up, but that there's no signal coming through the fiber. Also the attenuation on the fiber line is too high and not what it should be, this will also cause the issues that you're experiencing right now. Because of this, I will still send a technician your way to fix this. You receive within 20 minutes an email/text to make an appointment with Guidion. 

Hi @internetuser, I checked your connection again and I see that the modem and the line is up, but that there's no signal coming through the fiber. Also the attenuation on the fiber line is too high and not what it should be, this will also cause the issues that you're experiencing right now. Because of this, I will still send a technician your way to fix this. You receive within 20 minutes an email/text to make an appointment with Guidion. 

Thanks, it's finally fixed today! It turns out someone from either KPN or Odido “accidentally” disconnected us at the location where our neighborhood's connections are housed.

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @internetuser, great to hear this! I immediately entered a compensation for this into the system. This will be deducted from your next bill. You have also received a confirmation by e-mail and you can always check it on Mijn Odido: https://internet.odido.nl/rekeningen/compensaties. Have a nice day! Greetings, Ishana

Reageer