Skip to main content

I cannot run a successful speed test on playstation at all. I'm supposed to have 1Gbps speed but it's not working at all. I often get disconnected or network timeout. The max speed is about 400 Mbps. 

I complained about this last week, followed the instructions to reset. I'm connecting via Lan. 

Hello @astroanu 

Is the PlayStation connected via a switch or directly to the router?

Can you connect a laptop or pc directly to the router and perform a speedtest using the Ookla speedtest app?

Is the internet unstable on all wired and wireless devices and is this the case only in the evening for example or throughout the day?

It's connected directly to the router by Lan.

I didn't try with laptop because mine doesn't have a lan port. But when this happens even the wifi is slow and shows the same speeds when a speed test is done.

I've seen it happens mostly around 5pm to 11pm. During this time it's impossible to play anything on the playstation. Even on the tv Netflix does not load in high res and it's blurry video. 

At other times when I'm working I cannot make video calls, blurry or frozen video and robotic voice. I connect my Mac book via wifi and this happens. 

Could you please help me on this asap. Last night I spent more than 3 hours restarting, resetting and turning things on off, testing speed and nothing really changed. 

@astroanu 

I'm also a customer like you but do you have a black Genexis ONT? Than have a look here:

https://community.odido.nl/thuisnetwerk-566/verzameltopic-traag-internet-in-de-avond-wba-netwerk-365921

I think that's the one I have. So it's related to the ont then 😱

The conversation there is in Dutch but translation says replacing it helped for many people. How do I request for a replacement? Thanks 👍

@astroanu

Yeah replacing it with a Nokia ONT was the solution for all customers till now.

Just leave a comment there that you are facing similair problems and wish to have a swap with the Nokia ONT. Be sure that your klantnummer is filled in in your community profile.

Hi @Waqqas , This is the exact problem i’m having, internet is unusable in the evenings. I would like my ONT be replaced. I have filled the customer number in the profile. Thanks.

Hi @astroanu, welcome to our Community!

It is beneficial that you have identified this issue. I have promptly added you to the replacement list for the ONT. Due to the current low stock level, the replacement process may take some time. We kindly request your patience until Guidion contacts you to proceed with the ONT replacement. After that, it should be resolved!

Is there an expected number of days? i don’t want to wait weeks :)   Thanks.

I cannot say @astroanu, some customers are called within a week, some wait 2/3 weeks. There is no SLA on this matter. Due to the current low stock level, it may take some more time then we would like. 

Nobody called. Nothing's changed. 

Reageer