After Odido public IP change can not access anything remotely

• 6 May 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 67 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

Last week my assigned public IP  has changed after that none of my  NAT forwarding existing rules like RDP, VPN , NAS server are  not working anymore and nothing changed on my side . Also the remote UI admin site of zyxel router is not working and ping not available. I have checked entire configuration and everythig is  setup ok, internet connection is ok , can access  my  internal PC trough services  like Team Viewer.

So the problem is clearly in front of my at Odido networking rules. I  gave asked support to check the configuration on Odidod side since there is no more I  can check on my side.

I really do not understand why we pay support service if they are not able to provide it and ask me to write to community. Is  like  you say pay a subcription and then find yourself the solution on the internet. 

eric 12 dagen geleden

Intresting is of course what you used as “remote side” to connect to your new IP adres? 

Did you point the services to connect to your VPN/NAS etc. the new IP adres and from whch provider did you try to connect to it? A new IP adres can be assigned as the constant new customers need to get an IP adres as well, so Odido is buying and adding them to their network. If the other ISP does not keep up with BPG tables, that could mean that your IP is not reachable by them.

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Intresting is of course what you used as “remote side” to connect to your new IP adres? 

Did you point the services to connect to your VPN/NAS etc. the new IP adres and from whch provider did you try to connect to it? A new IP adres can be assigned as the constant new customers need to get an IP adres as well, so Odido is buying and adding them to their network. If the other ISP does not keep up with BPG tables, that could mean that your IP is not reachable by them.

So I am doing remote to my home devices since I am travelling to differetn varoious locations  for my work. Had everything setup properly working  fine for about 2 years now , I am not a tech newbie, the issue is not on my side. I know the new public IP , nothing work directly ODIDO did some infrastructure works I have changed to 2gbs fiber optics  and they assigned a new IP nothing works anymore

NIew IP is not reacheable on any port, so is routing or firewall rules on new ODIDO network infrastructure  . Tunneling acces like Team Viewer , Any desk works because they use a different mechanism.

I apreciate the feedback . I know how the public IP allocation  works for Internet providers. The issue is that the IP is not directly reacheable from any location in Netherlands or Europe, I am switching often due to work travelling and my home location was always accessible trough old IP , the issue is on firewall networking rules setup on ODIDO side for the newly allocated IP ( I upgraded to 2gbs fiber optics  ) .

Would really appreciate to have a standard technical support with one ODIDO employee because this is why we all pay a subscription and in this case we need a network engineer who has access on ODIDO side and check all routing and networking allocation rules.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

On this forum there are no network engineers, you talk with other customers. Odido delivers a normal open internet access connection and the only firewall they use in between the internet and you is the Zyxel router. In their fixed networks no NAT is used, like with Mobile it is.

The customer care agents or a moderator can open a ticket which is send to the backoffice with your question/problem.  

Reageer