Skip to main content

On 6th of July I cancelled my odido internet subscription on my old address (I have a different one on my new address).

I received a confirmation about the cancellation and received an invoice on the next day for the period until the end of that month.

Now I am receiving a new invoice for the full price in August.

How is it possible?

If you send in your cancellation on the 6th of juli, the subscription will end on the 6th of august. But providers charge per month and the invoice is always send in full. In the next billing cycle, and if the cancellation really happened on the 6th, you see a pro rato credit invoice.

Quite often,  when the new supplier is not taken thr line over on the wish date, the internet connection will remain active at the old provider and the customer get a little lees credit. Again, this is pro rato,  so totally transparant. 

Thank you for your message Eric,

I still find it weird that the invoice is sent in full when the contract expired on August 6th.

I'll keep a look on it.

Thanks again

Hi @eperezg, thanks for reaching out, it is useful that you did! That is because Eric's answer is the correct answer for the usual situation, but I see in your dossier that your cancellation was not correctly processed by the system. I have sent a request to our technical department to end the contract for you per the requested date and I expect that you will receive a confirmation of the cancellation in the coming week.

I'll make sure that we go after it for you, we can definitely solve this for you!

Thank you Cal,

I appreciate your help here.

I am very disappointed lately with Odido. I requested a line in my new address at the beginning of June. I am still waiting for it to be installed (I have an appointment for next Monday, hopefully it gets installed then). I had to be proactive calling odido, I did it around 6 times. I was never notified of issues or delays until I called.

Now I have this issue with the cancellation.

Also, given I have been with you for 5 years and I am still with you in my new address it would have been nice to do the cancellation for August 1st instead of 6th, even though I cancelled 6 days late.

I am seriously considering taking my mobile line somewhere else, and probably the house internet after the contract expires.

I know this is not your fault, you are just helping me here, but feel free to share this feedback internally if you think it might be useful

@Cal van Odido 

Hello,

I didn't receive the email about the cancellation and I see the charge for the full month in my account.

This is not ok. 

Can you help me fix it?

Hi @eperezg, I checked it right away! Your subscription was cancelled correctly and it was confirmed by email on August 21. In addition, I immediately made a compensation for the costs that you would not have to pay from August 6 because of your one-month notice period from July 6. You also received a confirmation of this by email and you can always check it on Mijn Odido: https://internet.odido.nl/rekeningen/compensaties. Have a nice day! 😊 Greetings, Ishana

Reageer