Skip to main content
Beantwoord

Change my internet bandwidth before contract has been started

• 19 July 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 28 Bekeken

Dear Odido Community,

On June 26, I contacted Odido about my contract to request 2Gb internet. However, I realized I only needed 1Gb, so I called back on June 27 to downgrade the speed. I didn't want to lose my discount, and the support team assured me that I could make the change later, after my contract started.

I followed up one or two more times before July 1 to confirm and received the same reassurance. As a result, I didn't make any changes to keep the discount.

Yesterday, I called support again to request the downgrade, and they said someone would call me back. I didn't receive a call, so I called again today. This time, support informed me that changing my plan would result in losing my discount. I explained that I had requested the downgrade before my contract began and had received consistent guidance.

Any help is appreciated.

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @si_max 

In this topic Odido clearly says that changing your internet speed will not result in losing your discount, only when you choose for 8 Gbps you will lose your discount.

https://community.odido.nl/nieuws-552/multi-gb-snelheden-beschikbaar-bij-odido-358784

Thanks for the response @Waqqas 

But, the support told me if you want change it, you will lose the disscount and he mentioned/recommended if I want to keep the discount I should wait till end of the disscount.

Based on your answer, I can change it now without any issue on my disscount. Could you please confirm?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@si_max

I'm a customer like you but the topic I posted clearly says this, you can also wait for a moderator to verify this.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @si_max, welcome to our Community!

You can reduce your speed, the discount will not expire. As @Waqqas pointed out, this is also stated in our thread. Only when you go to 8Gb will the discounts expire. 

Reageer