Skip to main content
Vraag

Problem in transferring phone number

• 26 August 2024
  • 3 reacties
  • 37 Bekeken

Hi! I have recently applied for an Odido sim card with phone number transfer from the previous company. However the Odido team told me that my old subscription couldn't be terminated before next year. And now I have received a sim card with a new phone number. But when I put it in my phone, there's no service and I can't received SMS. Do I need to activate it somewhere? or would it be activated only after my old subscription is finished next year?

Good morning Jiang, thank you for subscribing to Odido, we are happy about it!

From your message, I understand that you have taken out a completely new subscription with us with number portability, but you cannot yet take your number with you due to an ongoing contract with your current provider. I immediately checked for you and see that this is indeed the case with you. I would be happy to give you some more clarity on the options you now have!

I can't see exactly till when your subscription with KPN runs, but if we can't take over your number within 4 months, your subscription with Odido will automatically run with a completely new phone number.

If you don't mind, I can activate the phone number for you right away. In that case, please keep in mind that you will pay for your Odido subscription from then on, but that you will also have costs with KPN.

You can also choose to cancel your Odido subscription now and come back to us later when your contract with KPN has expired. 

Please let me know what you would like, so I can arrange it for you. And if you have any additional questions, just ask them!

Good morning Jiang, thank you for subscribing to Odido, we are happy about it!

From your message, I understand that you have taken out a completely new subscription with us with number portability, but you cannot yet take your number with you due to an ongoing contract with your current provider. I immediately checked for you and see that this is indeed the case with you. I would be happy to give you some more clarity on the options you now have!

I can't see exactly till when your subscription with KPN runs, but if we can't take over your number within 4 months, your subscription with Odido will automatically run with a completely new phone number.

If you don't mind, I can activate the phone number for you right away. In that case, please keep in mind that you will pay for your Odido subscription from then on, but that you will also have costs with KPN.

You can also choose to cancel your Odido subscription now and come back to us later when your contract with KPN has expired. 

Please let me know what you would like, so I can arrange it for you. And if you have any additional questions, just ask them!

Hi Sam! Ok I get it. Could you help me cancel this subscription so I could keep the old phone number and transfer to Odido 4 months before the KPN subscription expires.

Hi Jiang, I'm happy to help you with this. I just cancelled your order. I hope to see you back after your contract with KPN ends. I've also sent you a confirmation e-mail. It's an automated e-mail about the cancellation, so most of the text in the e-mail is not relevant for your situation and you can simply ignore it. If you need any help in the future, please feel free to start a new topic! 😄

Reageer