Skip to main content

Swtich service gone wrong!

• 25 July 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 38 Bekeken

Good morning,

I have been a customer of Ziggo for over 5 years.
I was offered a good deal by Odido to swtich for better speeds back in July 2023.

Finally year later, on Monday 22nd July, a technician came to complete my fibre installation.
He left saying that all was working.

I work from home so I continued to work using my Ziggo connection.
No more than 20 minutes after the technician left, my Ziggo connection was down. I tried to use the new Odido router but nothing worked.

I spent all day trying to call Odido and I kept getting the same answer that nothing was wrong. 
They sent out another technician on Wednesday 24th who said that in fact 14 customers were all connected to the same switch!

The technician called Odido and then they realise that there is something wrong. 
They have created a ticket with Open Dutch Fibre to fix, I was told it would be done within day.
The time has passed and now I wait for Open Dutch Fibre to fix something and I have no idea how long it will take.

How can Odido disconnect my previous service before knowing that everything was working??

I want to know when I will get service back and how Odido will compesate me for my lost working hours.
I have no internet now and I regret leaving Ziggo. 

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us! @MDemettre 

My sincere apologies for this situation, this is not how things are normally done. I immediately looked into the system to see what is going on. Luckily, the technician already made a Back Office ticket. They will contact the network administrator to restore the connection. 

In the meantime, I don’t want you to be without any internet at all. I would like to send you an Unlimited vouchercode. You can then set-up a hotspot and connect this to your other device. This way you can at least continue working from home. If you have an Odido or BEN sim card, I can send you one straight away. Please let me know if you're interested in this. 

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us! @MDemettre 

My sincere apologies for this situation, this is not how things are normally done. I immediately looked into the system to see what is going on. Luckily, the technician already made a Back Office ticket. They will contact the network administrator to restore the connection. 

In the meantime, I don’t want you to be without any internet at all. I would like to send you an Unlimited vouchercode. You can then set-up a hotspot and connect this to your other device. This way you can at least continue working from home. If you have an Odido or BEN sim card, I can send you one straight away. Please let me know if you're interested in this. 

Thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunately I don’t have an Odido or Ben sim card.

I would really just like to know when the work will take place so that I can plan my work hours.

It’s currently costing me to use my hotspot for work.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@MDemettre If you want you can buy an Odido sim card (€10) in one of our Odido Shops. If you post a picture of the receipt in this topic, I will immediately refund the amount. This way you won’t be using your own data, because you’ll be able to use the Unlimited data. 

Please let me know if this would help you. I will send the code already, so you don’t have to wait for this once you’ve obtained the sim card. 

@MDemettre If you want you can buy an Odido sim card (€10) in one of our Odido Shops. If you post a picture of the receipt in this topic, I will immediately refund the amount. This way you won’t be using your own data, because you’ll be able to use the Unlimited data. 

Please let me know if this would help you. I will send the code already, so you don’t have to wait for this once you’ve obtained the sim card. 

Thank you so much. I will do this. Please send me the code when you can.

Is it possible to get a use dongle or a mini router to use the sim in? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@MDemettre I’ve send you the code straight away! 

You can indeed also use the sim card in a dongle of mini router. 

@MDemettre I’ve send you the code straight away! 

You can indeed also use the sim card in a dongle of mini router. 

Thank you, I have the sim card now.

Here is the receipt.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@MDemettre Thank you! I immediately refunded the amount. This will be deducted from the first bill. 

Please let me know if you need my help with anything else. I’m happy to do so!

Reageer