Skip to main content

Misled by Customer Service Odido

• 26 June 2024
  • 21 reacties
  • 231 Bekeken

We recentlymoved to a new location which has Glasvezel connection. In our previous location there was no cable or fiberoptic connection so we were using the 4g voor thuis product by odido for internet. 

We called the customer service to see if it is feasible to switch from 4g voor thuis to fiberoptic. We were assured that it is possible to cancel the 4g voor thuis contract and start the glasvezel subscription. So, we ordered for the same. Now, the responsible customer service person is not contacting us or updating us if our 4g voor thuis contract has been cancelled. It feels like the particular customer service person misled us to start a new fiberoptic connection to maybe get related incentives, while leaving us high and dry with two subscriptions which is not what we want. Thus, we want to cancel our glasvezel subscription. It’s so sad that we were misguided by well trained customer service executives of Odido.

21 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Sudhir 

It is indeed not possible to switch from 4G voor thuis to Fiber unless you cancel 4G voor thuis.

Has your Fiber subscription allready started or not and what is the end date of your 4G voor thuis subscription?

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

4G voor thuis is a seperate (mobile) contract. When you ordered that product you have received a confirmation email with the contract details. Also the minimum contract term is mentioned. This confirmation helps to avoid any misunderstanding between customer care and the customer.

@Waqqas We had already started the 4g voor thuis contract in February 2024. The contract duration is 2 years.

The fiberoptics has already started, the technician installed it on 20th of June 2024. 

@eric - Thanks for providing the additional assurance. We would not have taken the trouble of calling odido for a new glasvezel connection and scheduling the installation in the first place if the customer service person from Odido had not told us that it is not possible to switch over.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Sudhir

4G voor thuis is postcode bound, you cannot use it somewhere else.

Your Fiber subscription can still be cancelled but I'm not sure if that's a good option for you, since 4G voor thuis still has a contract for more than 1.5 years and you also want internet on your new address..

@Waqas - No, I will cancel the glasvesel from odido and get a new KPN glasvezel connection. Use the sim from 4g voor thuis for my phone and when the 4g voor thuis contract ends 1.5 years later I will then switch again to KPN for the mobile/sim connection.

this is I think the best strategy to get out of this not so flexible odido policies and misleading customer service team.

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @Sudhir, good that you found us! I would like to look at the perfect solution for you. I just can't find a subscription with your email address. Could you add your customer number to your profile for me, this looks like ABC12345 and can be found in Mijn Odido. I would also like to receive your 4G for home subscription number in a private message. Thank you in advance! Greetings, Ishana

@Ishana van Odido - Thanks for looking into it. I have done both as required. Updated my profile with the client number for internet and sent you a private message with the 4g voor thuis subscription number. hope you can provide us a beter solution.

Thanks,

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

@Waqas - No, I will cancel the glasvesel from odido and get a new KPN glasvezel connection. Use the sim from 4g voor thuis for my phone and when the 4g voor thuis contract ends 1.5 years later I will then switch again to KPN for the mobile/sim connection.

this is I think the best strategy to get out of this not so flexible odido policies and misleading customer service team.

Yes, the simcard can work in a phone but it will only transfer data and doesn't have a mobile 06 for voice.

Hi @Ishana van Odido

It was required by you that I should comment or respond to this topic as the owner of both the 4g voor thuis and internet corntract in order to be able to receive some solution for our case. Please do let us know if there is a possible solution.

Thanks

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @Ranjita, thank you for contacting us! I checked immediately and I see that your Fiber optic subscription has now been canceled free of charge. For now, you can feel free to use your 4G subscription for your home. If you are still interested in a fiber optic subscription after this, we would love to hear from you! Greetings, Ishana

Hi @Ishana van Odido , we are definitely interested for the fiber optic product because it’s faster. We cancelled the above contract because we do not have a concrete solution on how we can get out of 4G voor thuis contract. 
If not cancelled we would have paid for two internet subscriptions which is not what we want.
Please let us know about the possibilities of how to get out of 4G voor thuis and get the fiberoptic subscription instead.

if there’s no solution from your side then we will just wait out the 4G voor thuis subscription and then continue with other internet and sim services provider.

Thanks,

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ranjita, I would love to transfer your contract to a Fiber contract! Unfortunately, we do not have that power because the 4G contract runs via the Mobile department. We do not have an arrangement were we can transfer the contract for you.

I hope that the end date is soon in sight for you, I would love to see you enjoy Fiber!

Hi @Cal van Odido  , that is indeed unfortunate and a bit hypocritical at the same time. While internet and cable or fibre optic and mobile network could be switched from one provider to the other. The switch from one product to another in the same company is not possible is what is making this a very sour experience. It’s very hard to show our loyalty to the company then. It does not make any difference to odido because i would still pay for fiber optic into an odido account only but just imagine how much it would mean to us if we could use a better product.

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @Ranjita, good that you indicate that you prefer fiber optic! I immediately asked my colleagues again and we discussed this again. We would like to make an exception for you. We can waive your subscription costs until the end of your 4G voor Thuis contract when you request Fiber again. You still have to pay off your router costs, as you can keep this equipment and use it in the future! This will be approximately 400 euros. Would you like to choose this option? Greetings, Ishana

Hi @Ishana van Odido , Thank you for making an exception, really glad. Would you please let us know how we can order for the fiber optic again. Would you be able to facilitate that for us? We still have not yet returned the optic fiber router to the DHL service point after the cancellation maybe we can still use those for the new fiberoptic order you may faciliate for us.

Apart from above we would also like you to please recalculate the device price. Below is the screenshot from the 4g Voor thuis contract and the device price mentioned is 336 Euros. Also, we have made already made 6 monthly payments from feb till this month july 2024 for the device so I think these should be considered for reduction from total device price.

Could you please set this up over an email with a link for the remaining recalculated device payment.

Thanks,

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @Ranjita, I would like to give you clarity about this! A new fiber optic subscription will then really have to be requested with new equipment. You can order online on our website: www.odido.nl/thuis. If you would prefer to speak to someone, visit one of our stores or call 0800-0092 for more information. 

In addition, we immediately investigated your costs with my colleague for 4G for the home. This will indeed be around € 270, apologies for the wrong information. We can't send an email, but you can always find it here on the Community. Greetings, Ishana

Hi @Ishana van Odido - Thanks for your guidance. I will order again the fiberoptic following the link you provided, I think that would be easier.

How do we settle the 4G voor thuis contract then? Will there be a direct debit of Approx. 270 Euros with a confirmation that the contract/subscription has been settled. Or is it something that we can settle ourselves after the fiberoptic connection is established?

Last time this was the same stage where we found ourselves stuck in. We ordered the fiber optic and then the responsible customer service person just did not follow-up for settlement of the 4g voor thuis subscription, thus we had to cancel the fiber optic seeing no settlement in sight of the 4G voor thuis subscription.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

I think you should keep the 4G router alive as the fiber delivery can shift depending on the status of the physicall connection of the grid operator.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Ranjita, this is correct. After you have applied for the fiber connection and it’s delivered on your address and you can use this. You can let us know here in this topic, so we can arrange the cancellation of the 4G to the home subscription. When the 4G to the home subscription is cancelled, you will receive automatically the invoice for the costs for the router. 

Hi @Demi van Odido We have now established the glass-fibre internet. I have also edited my profile and mentioned the new client number of above for you to ascertain or verify. Now, you may please proceed with the process of cancellation of our 4g voor thuis subscription. For that if you need the subscription number of our 4g voor thuis I can provide that to you over a private message. Please let me know how to we progress ahead.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@Ranjita I’m happy to read that the Fiber connection has been established! 😊

Of course, I'll gladly help you with the cancellation of your 4G voor Thuis subscription. Can you please send me a private message with the 4G voor Thuis number, zip code, house number, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your bank account number? I will immediately make the arrangements for you! 

Reageer