Skip to main content

After a power surge due to a short circuit from an appliance, I no longer have any internet access. The WiFi signal works, but there’s no connection. 

I already tried turning off my Zyktel T56 modem and Huawei mediaconverter and starting it up again, then plugging g the LAN cable back in (multiple times) but there is still no light on Internet and LAN. Also on the back of the modem, the LAN lights had flashed briefly during start-up but do not light up after connection.

I’ve logged into my modem admin via IP address, and it showed that the WAN-Poort is not connected and asked me to connect the Internet line.

I tried resetting the modem and mediaconverter multiple times, trying two separate the LAN cables, trying different LAN ports, but nothing works. The light for Internet (on the modem) and LAN (on the mediaconverter) is still not on - it’s been 3 hours now. 

Last note, Odido just installed this modem two months ago, so both the modem and the media converter should be new.

Is there anyone who might be able to help? Thank you!! 

Beste,

Jane 

Hello @Jane0293 

You need to plug the cable in the blue WAN port of your Zyxel router. PON is not blinking on the Huawei?

Hi @Waqqas, thanks for your help! Ive tried as youve said - nothing has changed. I even tried it with another cable: nothing on the modem or mediaconverter box has changed from the photos I posted. I haven’t logged into my modem box after doing this though - would that be a next step? 

The PON is steady and not blinking, but the LAN has no light at all.

@Jane0293 

Than it looks like the internet port on the Huawei or the Blue WAN port on the Zyxel is not working.

@Jane0293 You can try to use a PC to connect directly to the Huawei ONT with a ethernet cable (DHCP mode, don't forget to turn on PC firewall). If you can receive a IP adres, is the Huawei OK.

@Waqqas thank you! I have made an appointment with an Odido technician. Hopefully it can be fixed soon. 

@ccnl ok I will try that! Thank you! It will help to know which box has the issue 

Reageer