Skip to main content
Beantwoord

Repeatedly getting Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP on modem login

• 3 March 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 98 Bekeken

I’ve seen another topic on this subject: 

But reseting modem every week is not a option for me. How this can be fixed permanently?

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @citizen_stig,  welcome to our Community!
Did you happen to read through the topic? Have you tried using a different web browser? This has been resolved for the customer by a one-time reset. I would be happy to send you a new modem, however, I see that a network migration has been requested. Until you switch to fibre, I unfortunately cannot make any adjustments to your subscription. When you have fibre in use, I will be happy to send you a new modem and hopefully it will be fixed then!

The SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP error typically occurs when there is a mismatch in the SSL/TLS configuration between your web browser and the server (in this case, your modem's login page). Here’s a structured approach to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps

Check Browser Compatibility
Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Check SSL/TLS Settings
Update Browser
Verify Modem Settings
Contact ISP Support

These procedures should help you troubleshoot the SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP problem, keeping in mind the impending network move. The best person to help further will be your ISP's support staff if the problem continues.

Hi @citizen_stig,  welcome to our Community!
Did you happen to read through the topic? Have you tried using a different web browser? This has been resolved for the customer by a one-time reset. I would be happy to send you a new modem, however, I see that a network migration has been requested. Until you switch to fibre, I unfortunately cannot make any adjustments to your subscription. When you have fibre in use, I will be happy to send you a new modem and hopefully it will be fixed then!

Hello Tommie. I have optic cable at my place, final installation from Odido will be in a month. Is it possible to receive router replacement now, so when installation happens it will be possible at least to use web-admin?

The error "SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP" means your browser and modem don’t share a common encryption method. To fix this:

1. Update Your Browser: Ensure it’s the latest version.
2. Try a Different Browser: Use another browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
3. Check Browser Settings: Adjust security settings to allow different protocols like TLS 1.2 or 1.3.
4. Update Modem Firmware: Look for and install any firmware updates for your modem.
5. Reset Modem: As a last resort, reset the modem to factory settings.

If it still doesn’t work, contact your modem’s support or you can check this one https://certera.com/kb/how-to-fix-the-ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap-error/ which I get solved.

The SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP error indicates a mismatch between the encryption protocols supported by the client and server during an SSL/TLS configuration. This usually means they support different or outdated encryption options. To fix it, try updating both the modem and server to the latest versions or adjust their encryption settings to ensure they can work together.

Follow these steps to fix the error message:-

1)Update Firefox Browser

2)Bypass Security Protocols and Configurations of Your Browser

3)Reset Your Browser to Default Settings

These steps should help you fix the SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP issue, especially with the upcoming network change in mind.

Reageer