Skip to main content

Hi,  

I have a T56 Zyxel router with 100Mbps subscription.

My client number is XXXXnMod edit: removed customer number.] 

For the past month, the internet has been awfully slow and flutuatibg to the point that i cannot open a google homepage, let alone these speed test websites. I have never felt so awful with the internet speed i have. Please help me solve it, otherwise help me cancel it.

Hallo @Suman 

Can you restart the ONT, connect a laptop or pc wired to the router and perform a speedtest with the Ookla speedtest app?

You can share the result here and maybe replacing the cable between ONT and router can help.

Also you are using wifi , based on wifi you cannot really clarify if you have speed issues or not.

If you test the speed with an normal pc that is connected to the modem with a utp cable , will test if you have an speed issue or not

Hi @Suman, I would love to help you to make sure you receive the internet speed that you're supposed to. As said here it can help to restart the ONT and sometimes it can be the cable that is causing the low speeds, but we also need to test the speed while you are connected with a cable so that we can figure out what the cause of this is. This is why I will send you an email with instructions on how to do a speedtest, so we can start an investigation for this. To be able to start the investigation the steps in the email must be followed exactly. You can then share the results in this topic so that I can start the investigation for you! 

Reageer