Skip to main content

Formal Complaint Regarding Service Disruption

• 30 May 2024
  • 8 reacties
  • 83 Bekeken

I am writing to formally complain about the recent disruption to my internet service, which occurred on May 24th in the area of 2013 WP. We have been told over the phone by your customer service employees that this disruption was caused by an accidental line cut by KPN. Despite this, neither KPN nor Odido has taken responsibility for restoring our service.

As a loyal customer of Odido, I find it unacceptable to be without a connection for over a week with no timeline or assignment to fix the situation.

My internet connection is essential for work and home security, and the prolonged outage has caused significant inconvenience.

According to Dutch Consumer Protection Law (Consumentenrecht), I have the right to receive the service as agreed upon in my contract with Odido. This includes timely resolution of service disruptions and compensation for any prolonged outages. The failure to restore my service in a reasonable timeframe and the lack of responsibility taken by both companies is a violation of these consumer rights.

I urge Odido to prioritize this issue and coordinate with KPN to restore my service immediately. I also request a clear timeline for resolution and compensation for the days I have been without service. If this issue is not resolved promptly, I will have no choice but to escalate my complaint to relevant consumer protection authorities, such as ConsuWijzer and the Telecommunications Dispute Committee (Geschillencommissie Telecommunicatiediensten).

I look forward to your prompt response and a swift resolution to this matter.

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @MB68, welcome to our Community!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I obviously want you to get back online as soon as possible. I will work on your behalf to resolve this as best and as quickly as possible. However, I cannot find a subscription at this email address. Could you please add your customer number to your profile? Then I can check with you and hopefully offer some urgency to this shortcoming. Thanks in advance! 

You can find it in Mijn Odido (in a webbrowser) → Klik op Abonnementen →  Klik op pijltje omlaag bij Klant sinds →  Klantnummer: ABC12345.

Thank you for the reply. I have my customer number. Is there not a way for us to be in contact directly over email? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi @MB68 ,

On this forum there is no email communication with moderators. You talk with other customers amd moderators jump in when needed. To be able to look up personal information,  only moderators can look at your forum profile,  so fill that in and they can look at the status of the ticket who you have openened with customer care.

Hi, 

I believe it has now been correctly added to my profile :) 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Is your klantnummer correct @MB68? It still does not show any subscription in my system. Could you check again? 

@Tommie van Odido , I corrected it.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Thankyou @MB68, I managed to find your subscription and immediately started looking at the ticket for you. The latest update is from this morning: Waiting for subcontractor. It is now with the subcontractor to be picked up. I assume they will pick it up and fix it soon. Hopefully we will have more information soon! 

Hi @Tommie van Odido

The ticket has shown ‘waiting for a subcontractor’ since the 27th of May, so for 10 days now.  And when I call the customer service line, I am told they are still ‘waiting on a response’. 

Reageer