Skip to main content

Upload speed is very low

• 9 June 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 95 Bekeken

On Friday, we had an internet issue and internet getting disconnected every now and then. I called Odido customer service, they did some configuration settings and internet is disconnected from all the devices. I called them again with a problem: WPA3 connection is required error and they created two Wi-Fi points: Now some of my devices supports and works only with Wi-Fi connection point 1 and some are supporting and working with Wi-Fi point 2. But I do not want two Wi-Fi points. I also checked: With original Wi-Fi point 1: my download speed is ~400Mbps and that is fine, but upload speed is less than 1Mbps.  Similarly, Wi-Fi point 2 has download speed around 60Mbps and upload speed is less than 1Mbps. I need to solve this issue without interrupting my internet. I have already reset all the internet passwords, but it is tiresome process to do everything again for all devices, solar, all IOTs etc. Please help me to solve this issue. 

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @AdityaParikh, welcome to our Community!

By wifi points, you mean the guest network you have created? Because this is a limited network and you will indeed get slower speeds on it. My advice is to reset the modem to factory defaults and reconnect your WX5600. I suspect you will see an improvement in your connection!

Factory reset

1. Using a toothpick or paperclip, press the factory reset button (above the power button on the left side of the back). Hold it down until all lights except the power light go out.

2. Release the factory reset after ten seconds. All modem settings are now restored to factory values.

3. Check if the modem is connected again, this may take three minutes. The sticker on the modem shows the username and password you can use to log in to the modem.

Yes, I tried that and I think that worked for a while. But wifi plus is still not up to the mark. my router is on the ground floor and I work on 2nd floor. Ofcourse internet connection dont reach there so I use wifi plus. Without wifi plus I do not get signals on the 2nd floor but with wifi plus I am currently getting around ~25 to 40 mbps download speed and 0 to 10 mbps upload speed. This is too low considering I also need to connect with VPN that reduced the speed further. Before a week or so, on the 2nd floor my wifi speed was 400mbps. Which not right now. Can you suggest what can I do in that? I have zyxel wifi plus. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Do you get these speeds while connected to your VPN @AdityaParikh? If so, could you check what speed you are getting without the VPN? Could you also tell me the MAC-address of the device you are using? I would also like to see a couple of speedtests from speedtest.net with their application downloaded on the device.  

Here are some internet speed test records. 

alternatively you can check them on https://www.speedtest.net/results?sh=8e99591e2ba8a9f4d12bbd7294d35e38 

My main router (T56) MAC address is: F80DA9264299

For wifi plus it is: 48EDE643C85D

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

I am just missing some information @AdityaParikh. It looks like you are getting some better results and some worse. Are these all without a VPN connection or with? Could you give me the MAC-address of the laptop or phone used while doing the speedtests? 

Yes, if you see for some moment I had good speed specifically when I called customer service and they did something. In next some time it is gone. You can keep checking the results on this url (https://www.speedtest.net/results?sh=8e99591e2ba8a9f4d12bbd7294d35e38). For a month I had consistantly 400mbps upload and download speed without any fluctuations. Now I am hardly reaching 150 mbps (that too if I am lucky ; off peak hours) During work hours it reduces to 5 -10 mbps which is very frustrating. When you see SURF provider that is basically VPN. My laptop mac address    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : E0-D4-E8-4C-C8-C2

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Can you do a full power flip @AdityaParikh and check the cabling between the ONT and the modem? Push everything gently and see if the connection improves. If this does not work we will have to wait for your ticket. It still needs to get picked up by our technicians.

Powerflip
1.    Disconnect the modem and the media converter/ONT.
2.    Wait at least 10 seconds.
o Reconnect the Media Converter/ONT and allow it to boot for 30 seconds. Then reconnect the modem to the power supply.
3.    Plug the modem back in and allow it to boot completely.
4.    Check that the connection is stable.

Reageer