Skip to main content

Dear all,

I recetly switched to t-mobile fiber internet from another privider. However the moment I switched to t-mobile, my samsung tv(2 years old) does not connect to wifi. All other devices at home (such as our phones, laptop) have no problem with wifi but only our smart TV. I tried a lof of methods but they did not work. When I share my personal hotspot (which is also t-mobile), our TV connects to this hotspot. We also have our old provider’s modem at home and no issue with it. I dont think the problem is with the TV. It is with the modem itself. I also called customer service 5 time ( each 45 minutes) but they could not solve. Even one of the employees did not record our discussion in their system. I would like to file a complain for customer service of t-mobile separately… but coming to the issue and trying other options, I also split the 2.4g and 5g connections but 5g is not visible on smart tv.  Using wire via Lan port works but I would like to make wireless connection. Also WPS option works. But disadvantange of wps option is when tv is turned off , each time I have to reconnect it which is quite time-consuming. Anyone here who can help me about my problem…

thanks

Hi @Cito

Can you tell us what is the model of the TV and the modem you are using. 

Your saying the 5Ghz does not show up when you split the SSID, but does the 2.4Ghz show up or also not? 

Hello @Cito 

If 5 GHz is not visible then your tv only supports 2,4 I guess.

You received a Zyxel-T54 right? What you could try is go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser and log in with admin and the Login Password behind your router. Go to menu > netwerkinstellingen > draadloos > algemeen > choose 2,4 GHz under band, choose WPA2-PSK under beveiligingsmodus, click on toepassen and then try to connect the tv via WiFi.

Hi @Waqqas 

That worked. Thanks a lot. Just would like to underline that As I said earlier, I talked with 4-5 t-mobile customer service staff with more than 3 hours and all they said was our hands are tied up and we can not do anything. I really thank you for your support!

best regards 

Hi @Cito,

Good to see that you received two adequate responses! I have nothing to add to this topic from a technical standpoint as it solved, but I just wanted to say sorry that the customer service hadn't provided the solution after you called them several times.This should be one of the first things to look into and it is definitively a learning experience.  

I'm happy to read that you're now able to fully enjoy all the functionalities that your TV has to offer! 😃

Yes! Ik had hetzelfde probleem. Dit heeft mij enorm geholpen! Bedankt!

Dear all,

I recetly switched to t-mobile fiber internet from another privider. However the moment I switched to t-mobile, my samsung tv(2 years old) does not connect to wifi. All other devices at home (such as our phones, laptop) have no problem with wifi but only our smart TV. I tried a lof of methods but they did not work. When I share my personal hotspot (which is also t-mobile), our TV connects to this hotspot. We also have our old provider’s modem at home and no issue with it. I dont think the problem is with the TV. It is with the modem itself. I also called customer service 5 time ( each 45 minutes) but they could not solve. Even one of the employees did not record our discussion in their system. I would like to file a complain for customer service of t-mobile separately… but coming to the issue and trying other options, I also split the 2.4g and 5g connections but 5g is not visible on smart tv.  Using wire via Lan port works but I would like to make wireless connection. Also WPS option works. But disadvantange of wps option is when tv is turned off , each time I have to reconnect it which is quite time-consuming. Anyone here who can help me about my problem…

thanks

Yes! Ik had hetzelfde probleem. Dit heeft mij enorm geholpen! Bedankt!

Dear all,

thanks

Hi @Waqqas 

That worked. Thanks a lot. Just would like to underline that As I said earlier, I talked with 4-5 t-mobile customer service staff with more than 3 hours and all they said was our hands are tied up and we can not do anything. I really thank you for your support!

best regards 

Hi @Waqqas I also have the exact same problem but the solution you provided has not fixed it. Do you have any more suggestions? I also did not get any answer from customer support on the phone, they don't seem to seen this problem. Thank you in advance

Hey @pavpapac, welcome to our Community!

I have changed some settings, could you reboot your router and check if it works now? 

Yes it works now. Thanks! 

Reageer