Wifi not working properly. Low Speeds with connectivity issues

• 19 May 2024
  • 9 reacties
  • 62 Bekeken

Hello,

I have a DSL connection from T-mobile. However, currently I am facing multiple issues with wifi connectivity:

1. The wifi speed is horrible, around 7-10 Mbps
  2. Even when I am connected to wifi, there are connectivity issues i.e. one minute I am connected to the internet, the other its gone.
  3. I have connected a TP-Link router to  the Zyxel Router I got because on the Zyxel one, all windows devices in the house could not connect to the internet. The machines connect to the router, but get a no-internet badge. I think the problem here is that the router does not provide an IP address to the machines.

You can see a screenshot of the wifi speed below. 

The system information on Zyxel admin page is as follows:

The internet connection is worst in the evenings. 

Tommie van Odido 2 maanden geleden

Hi @Shasank, good thing you started a thread about it. I immediately started looking for you, but I don't see any crazy stuff popping up in my line readings. I see that you have connected your own router, an Archer. Would you mind disconnecting your own equipment and seeing if you get the right speed?
The maximum you can get at your address is 53 Mbit/s down and 10 Mbit/s up. This is wired, so wifi will be slightly lower. 

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hallo @Shasank 

Can you perform a factory reset of the modem by pressing the reset button on the back of the Zyxel for about 10 seconds using a small object?

Connect a laptop or pc wired to the modem and perform a speedtest using the Ookla speedtest app. Can you share the result here?

Is the modem also connected to the main KPN ISRA point?

Hello @Waqqas ,

I performed the factory reset, but it didn't solve my problems.

I cannot do a wired speed test as I don't have a device/adapter for the RJ45 connector.

You can see here, that if I connect to the Zyxel router on windows, I always get no-internet. This is after the factory reset.

The speeds have improved after the reset, but what is still bad is the connectivity. The connection is patchy, it works and then for 5 mins its not working, then again works and so on and so on.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Shasank 

Can you test it again when the TP-LINK is not connected? And can you share a photo of the connection from the modem to the DSL connection point?

@Shasank

Can you test it again when the TP-LINK is not connected? And can you share a photo of the connection from the modem to the DSL connection point?

The TP-LINK is not the issue. I have had to buy that router specifically because before it I had troubles connecting my windows laptop to the internet.

I did disconnect it and connected the laptop to it. But got the same no connection error. I couldn't even open the Zyxel dashboard while being connected to the router.

I reconnected the TP-LINK router and connected the laptop to it. This allowed me to access the dashboard with the following information - 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Shasank 

Can you share a photo of how your modem is connected to the DSL point to make sure there is no bridge tap there? What speeds are you getting on wifi when connected to the WiFi?

Speeds have gotten better after the reset. Around 37-43Mbps, but the connection is still patchy.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Shasank 

Is the box on photo 1 the only connection point in your house or is there also another box from which a cable goes to this box?

This is the only point I can use, its in the hal, so I think this should be the main one

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Shasank, good thing you started a thread about it. I immediately started looking for you, but I don't see any crazy stuff popping up in my line readings. I see that you have connected your own router, an Archer. Would you mind disconnecting your own equipment and seeing if you get the right speed?
The maximum you can get at your address is 53 Mbit/s down and 10 Mbit/s up. This is wired, so wifi will be slightly lower. 

Reageer