Skip to main content

Hello, Odido!

I would like to know the reason why I am being denied a technical solution to the problem with the home Internet. It’s been a few days ago since the Internet become very unstable, the connection works for 10-15 minutes, and then disappears (the Internet connection light on the modem is not lit). After a few minutes, everything is restored.

I called tech support and asked them to send someone to help solve the problem, but a day later the ticket was not created. I called again and it was explained to me that the ticket could not be created for some technical reason that I could not understand. Something I need to do on my side, but I have no idea what exactly, and it was quite hard to understand during the call.

Since you have access to the ticket, could you explain it hear what exactly is wrong with the connection and why you cannot solve the problem or send someone to solve it for me? Af far as I know, KPN is trying to add a fiber cable to my building now. Maybe it has something to do with this? What do I need to do to finally solve the problem?

Hello @retroboy 

You have a DSL connection now? Try replacing the DSL cable and make sure your modem is connected to the main ISRA point.

I Googled what it is, and it looks like a box to the left of the green cable, but when I insert the rj11 there, another light goes out, apparently there is no signal. Can you send someone so that I don't mess with wires myself? it seems to me a bit more complicated than just switching a cable from one port to another. I remember that the technical guy who connected me two years ago was explaining to me for a long time how bad everything was here and that DSL it the only way to make it work.

Hello @retroboy 

If the one with all the wires in it from different cable is working (next to the green cable) than you have a bridge tap. There should only be 1 cable connected which has the signal and all others should not be connected.

If you cannot do this yourself a moderator can send a technician for you.

yeah, It would be great for a technical guy to come

Reageer