Contract not cancelled even though requested

• 30 April 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 40 Bekeken

Hi, I requested my mobile contract to be stopped after the contract period but I am continually being billed after the contract period. The last debit order supposed to be for December 2023 which I paid for. I have left the country on the 1st of November but kept my bank account open to pay the last payment which should have been December 2023. Please can you help resolve this issue. The client number is [Please do not mention personal information in a public topic].

[Screenshot removed by moderator. Contained lot of personal information]

Cal van Odido 14 dagen geleden

Hi @Yashren, thanks for reaching out, I would love to clarify this for you! You are completely correct that your contract stopped last year, namely November 8. As such, our last invoice for the monthly costs was in November and it was only a small amount for November 1 up until November 8. 

The recent invoice is for the costs of the modem. We would like to re-use the modem we gave to you and that is why we asked you to return it. Have you already returned the modem? Don't worry, if you can help me out by showing the Track & Trace of the postal carrier I can swiftly locate the modem and credit the modem costs for you.

I would love to help you out! 🙂

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Yashren, thanks for reaching out, I would love to clarify this for you! You are completely correct that your contract stopped last year, namely November 8. As such, our last invoice for the monthly costs was in November and it was only a small amount for November 1 up until November 8. 

The recent invoice is for the costs of the modem. We would like to re-use the modem we gave to you and that is why we asked you to return it. Have you already returned the modem? Don't worry, if you can help me out by showing the Track & Trace of the postal carrier I can swiftly locate the modem and credit the modem costs for you.

I would love to help you out! 🙂

Hi @Cal van Odido , thanks for your reply. I don’t believe the monthly invoicing is for the modem. I did not send the modem back because in the contract it was said that the modem will be paid off after 2 years of the contract. I had a contract for much longer than 2 years - it moved over to a month-to-month contract after the initial period. I believe this cost is for my cellphone contract which was originally with T-mobile. Please see this invoice that I receive monthly for 15 EUR this was invoiced for 15 April 2024.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi @Yashren ,

You posted this question in the “internet and TV” part of the forum.

The modem/router for a fixed connection need to be returned. This is a managed device and you only pay a service fee, not a loan pay off for a modem/router you are buying. If you do not return this unit after the contract is cancelled, the value of the modem/router is charged to you.

For a mobile product, you pay a certain amount of money against a money lone to buy a mobile device. This becomes your property.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Yashren, good that ,you are getting back to the topic! Logical thinking, however the € 15,- invoice are for ‘extrajudicial costs’ as you charged back our debit of € 75,- in February. The € 75,- are the costs we incurred for the modem and this is also listed in the emails we send you, but I get that it is difficult that these emails are in Dutch.

The only contracts we offer are for 1 year and we do not have any option to buy the modem. This is also the norm among Internet providers throughout the Netherlands.

Feel free to ask any other questions you might have, I will happily clarify them for you!

Ok @Cal van Odido  then I am mistaken thanks for the explanation, can I just make the payment of 90 EUR to close this issue?

@Cal van Odido thanks for your help translating. Please see proof of payment

*Mod edit: please do not post screenshots with private details in a public topic.*

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Yashren, thanks for your swift action, you solved it perfectly this way! Sorry for my late confirmation, somehow your topic slipped through our fingers. I can confirm that any open payments are fully settled and there will be no future possibilities for us to create an invoice for your old cable Internet contract.

I wish you all the best in your new country, I hope that you already feel at home! 🙂

Reageer