Skip to main content

I’m leaving the Netherlands on the 31.10.2024 and would like to cancel only my Internet contract (I want to keep my mobile contract). Now I can’t be the first person on Earth who wants to do this, but I don’t understand why it is so difficult to find the right page for it to handle this on my own 😕 

• Phone Calls: I’ve called the customer Service twice for this matter. On the first time I hung up after 23 minutes of waiting time and on the second call (18 minutes waiting) the lady on the phone told me that my case is a special situation since I want to cancel my contract prematurely because I’m leaving the country. So she cannot do that on the phone. I need to fill in a contact form on odido and ask the customer service to cancel my contract.

• Customer service messages: I cannot recall where on the odido page I found the contact form, as I cannot find it again today. But I did write a short message that I want to cancel my contract, explained the situation and asked for the next step. Nothing happened after that. I also didn’t even get a confirmation for my sent message.

• About the Odido page: WHY is it so difficult to find the option to cancel my contract on your page? More importantly, does a page for internet-contract-cancellation actually exist? If yes, where is it and how do I navigate there? (for all the other people who will have the exact problem as I have). or worse: Is asking trough a community or filling a contact form really the only way to cancel a contract in a situation like mine (emigration)?

Can you please help me to cancel my internet contract?

Hi @profil954353, I am very sorry to hear this, you should definitely be able to cancel the contract when calling to us! The only way you cannot cancel the subscription is through your Mijn Odido account, but otherwise you can cancel the contract with us at any platform where we provide customer service. I will immediately help you with this! 

If you can send me a proof of relocation, I can cancel the subscription without the termination fee. Even when you’re within your contract. A proof of relocation is an official document. The following is eligible as a proof of moving: termination of rental contract from the landlord or a buyer's contract from an owner-occupied home. It can also be a lease or purchase agreement for the new address. Finally, we also accept proof of registration from the municipality (BRP). You can send it in this topic if you remove any personal information. If it's not possible to remove the personal information, you can also put the document in a Wetransfer link and share the link of it with me in DM. Once I have received this information, I can cancel the contract for you with 1 month notice!

Reageer