Pukcode not requested after software update/reboot

• 25 January 2024
  • 3 reacties
  • 42 Bekeken

Hello,

I travelled last night to UK and my sim was working as normal till this morning when I did a software update on my phone. Usually, when I reboot or have an update, the phone asks for the PUK code upon rebooting but this time it does not ask for the puk code and instead gives me no service. When I go to settings>mobile network, it gives me 2 options. One is to copy number from another phone and second is to scan QR code or manually set up the network. Can someone please help on how I can get my connection restored? I need my phone for work while I am here and this is very inconvenient. I called the  helpline but they couldn’t help me either. P.S. I also tried resetting network settings, took out the sim but nothing works.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Talar, I hope you're having a great time in the UK! Can you manually connect to one of these networks: Three, Telefonica or Orange? And what happens when you do? 

I see that you spoke to my colleague earlier today, but I can't see what she did exactly. Does it already work for you? Please let me know! 😄

Hi Marciano,

I cannot connect manually as well. When I go to “mobile service” in my settings, I have only the option to scan a QR code provided by the network or add manual details like:

1. SM-DP+Address
  2. Activation Code
  3. Confirmation Code (optional)

I spoke with your colleague and she said she cannot help me out and someone from the technical team will call back but it has been quite some time no one called back. I need my phone for work related calls and it is an emergency for me to sort this issue out. Attaching screenshots as well from my phone.

Thanks!

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

Hello @Talal Ansar

I suspect something is wrong with the settings. Did you happen to reboot your device once? Are you using our SIM card or is there by chance another SIM card in your device? Is it a physical sim card or an eSIM? In your account, I see that you are supposed to be using the sim card that ends in this number ****3341. 

Could you check for me if the software of your device is up to date? You can also reset the network settings of your phone. On an Android device, you do this in the following way: Settings > General Administration. Then choose Reset and then Reset network settings. If you have an iPhone, you do it this way: 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Transfer or reset [device]' > 'Reset' > 'Restore network settings'. 

In your account I see that you have contacted our customer service. Do I understand correctly that a cross test has already been done with your SIM card and it does work properly in another device? Are you having this problem only with this device? 

I would love to hear from you! 

Reageer