unstable internet

I am having issues with my home wifi for more than a month now. The connection is poor and unstable especially in the evenings .Tried to call the customer service and they sent me wifi points which didn't solve the issue. Then a technician came and he blamed it on the network. Yesterday I received and email saying the issue is resolved but not really. 

Is there anyone who is facing similar issues? 

Nieuwegein- Galecop area

Tommie van Odido 11 dagen geleden

Hi @ranjupmenon, welcome to our Community!

I see that @Waqqas was already looking in the right direction. Could you do some more tests for me? I want to check the speed and another pingtest, just to be sure. Please follow all the instruction carefully.  

De instructies hiervoor vind je op onze website.

Volg alle stappen alsjeblieft zorgvuldig, graag de screenshots in het topic delen in plaats van naar onze e-mail. Een aanvraag met ontbrekende stappen kunnen we niet in behandeling nemen.

Pingtest

De computer of laptop dient bekabeld aangesloten te zijn op het modem, een speedtest van een tv of spelcomputer kunnen wij niet gebruiken.

Zorg ervoor dat alleen de computer of laptop aangesloten is op het modem. Koppel alle andere apparaten los.

• Specificaties van het gebruikte modem/router tijdens de problemen en uitvoeren van de test (In het geval van eigen modem)?:
  • Speelt het probleem de hele dag door of alleen op bepaalde momenten van de dag?:
  • Is het apparaat (de betreffende client) aangesloten op de 2.5 Gbit/s Lan poort of een 1 Gbit/s Lan poort?:
  • Deel de resultaten van een ping test naar 8.8.8.8, alleen een screenshot van de Ping statistics is genoeg, zorg wel dat je hele scherm op de screenshot staat zodat we de datum, tijd en bekabeld verbonden kunnen zien.
    • Ping 8.8.8.8
      • Windows command prompt; ping -n 1000 8.8.8.8
      • Linux/Mac terminal; ping -c 1000 8.8.8.8

• Deel de resultaten van een ping naar de first hop, dit is het tweede adres wat je ziet in een traceroute. Alleen een screenshot van de Ping statistics is genoeg, zorg wel dat je hele scherm op de screenshot staat zodat we de datum, tijd en bekabeld verbonden kunnen zien.
    • Vind de first hop (de tweede regel, geel omlijnd op de screenshot)
      • Start een traceroute naar 8.8.8.8
        • Windows command prompt; tracert 8.8.8.8
        • Linux/max terminal; traceroute 8.8.8.8

• Ping het gevonden IP-adres
      • Windows command prompt; ping -n 1000 IP-adres
      • Linux/Mac terminal; ping -n 1000 IP-adres
Bekijk origineel

17 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @ranjupmenon 

Have you restarted the ONT and router? You can also replace the internet cable between ONT and router and give the router a factory reset to see if it helps.

Is the connection stable during the day? Is it only via WiFi or is the internet also unstable via wired connections?

Does the router show a red internet light sometimes or does it remain green?

Hi @Waqqas , 

I did try restarting and reseting the router, ONT, unplugging the cables etc. I have tried the wired connection sometime ago and it was faster then. The internet signal is green .Usually the connection is stable during the day and issue pops up during the evening. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@ranjupmenon

Are you experiencing issues now? Connect a laptop or pc wired to the router, open cmd and enter the command ping -n 1000 8.8.8.8. once the ping is completed can you share the result here? make a print screen so your whole screen is visible including the wired internet connection icon.

hi @waqqas

please find the results.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@ranjupmenon

Looks like an issue with the latency which more users are facing. is the download speed fine when performing a speedtest?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @ranjupmenon, welcome to our Community!

I see that @Waqqas was already looking in the right direction. Could you do some more tests for me? I want to check the speed and another pingtest, just to be sure. Please follow all the instruction carefully.  

De instructies hiervoor vind je op onze website.

Volg alle stappen alsjeblieft zorgvuldig, graag de screenshots in het topic delen in plaats van naar onze e-mail. Een aanvraag met ontbrekende stappen kunnen we niet in behandeling nemen.

Pingtest

De computer of laptop dient bekabeld aangesloten te zijn op het modem, een speedtest van een tv of spelcomputer kunnen wij niet gebruiken.

Zorg ervoor dat alleen de computer of laptop aangesloten is op het modem. Koppel alle andere apparaten los.

• Specificaties van het gebruikte modem/router tijdens de problemen en uitvoeren van de test (In het geval van eigen modem)?:
  • Speelt het probleem de hele dag door of alleen op bepaalde momenten van de dag?:
  • Is het apparaat (de betreffende client) aangesloten op de 2.5 Gbit/s Lan poort of een 1 Gbit/s Lan poort?:
  • Deel de resultaten van een ping test naar 8.8.8.8, alleen een screenshot van de Ping statistics is genoeg, zorg wel dat je hele scherm op de screenshot staat zodat we de datum, tijd en bekabeld verbonden kunnen zien.
    • Ping 8.8.8.8
      • Windows command prompt; ping -n 1000 8.8.8.8
      • Linux/Mac terminal; ping -c 1000 8.8.8.8

• Deel de resultaten van een ping naar de first hop, dit is het tweede adres wat je ziet in een traceroute. Alleen een screenshot van de Ping statistics is genoeg, zorg wel dat je hele scherm op de screenshot staat zodat we de datum, tijd en bekabeld verbonden kunnen zien.
    • Vind de first hop (de tweede regel, geel omlijnd op de screenshot)
      • Start een traceroute naar 8.8.8.8
        • Windows command prompt; tracert 8.8.8.8
        • Linux/max terminal; traceroute 8.8.8.8

• Ping het gevonden IP-adres
      • Windows command prompt; ping -n 1000 IP-adres
      • Linux/Mac terminal; ping -n 1000 IP-adres

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@ranjupmenon 

Your download is also very low for a 1000 Mbps subscription, is it also the same when you use another cable or another laptop/pc?

Hi @Waqqas , I used two laptops and it is the same in both of them. So I don’t think it is a device issue

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@ranjupmenon 

And is there no switch or something else between your laptop and the router? You should have a direct connection with the router.

Hi @Waqqas i was connected directly to the router .  There are switches in between.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

I decided to send for a mechanic @ranjupmenon. You will soon receive a message to schedule an appointment with Guidion. Please also show the ping tests to the mechanic. Hopefully he can resolve this for you right away.

Thank you @Tommie van Odido , I have made an appointment.

I am also in the nieuwegein galecop area with same type of problems. I am curieus if the guidion mechanic can fix the issue. Mine just replaced the modem, it did not help.

Reputatie 5
Badge +3

Hi @slaapvaak, would you like to do the above tests and share it with us? Thank you in advance! Greetings, Ishana

Reageer