Beantwoord

No internet roaming outside NL

• 26 April 2024
  • 6 reacties
  • 52 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 3 reacties

No roaming internet available in DE. Connected to telekom.de network. Tried resetting network and restarting phone but still no internet. Checked on odido and I still have 25GB EU data.

My wife has Odido and has no problem with her mobile roaming internet.

icon

Beste antwoord door Xtrios 26 April 2024, 19:10

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Xtrios 

Trying another provider does not help?

Make sure roaming and mobile data is on.

An open invoice or a betalingsregeling can also cause a barring for use outside NL.

You can also check the blokkades in your Odido account.

Tried restarting, selecting another network provider but didn't work either.

No blockages on my account. I have a monthly scheduled payment for may but no overdue payments.

Only difference from my wife is that I activated a 7 day unlimited data on Tuesday. Is that for NL only and does it override roaming?

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

Hello @Xtrios, welcome to our Community! I checked with your number right away and indeed I see that you have no blockage or other specifics. I also see that you still have enough data to use in Germany. So it should work. 

To rule out some things, I would like to ask you to check some things in your phone. Could you check for me if the software of your phone is up to date? In addition, you can also reset your phone's network settings. On an Android device, you do this in the following way: Settings > General Administration. Then choose Reset and then Reset network settings. If you have an iPhone, you do it this way: 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Transfer or reset [device]' > 'Reset' > 'Restore network settings'.

Otherwise, could you manually select a different network for me? In Germany, you can manually connect to one of the following networks: 

- Telefonica, 
- Telekom, 
- Vodafone. 

So you manually select a network:
*Android
*iOS (iPhone)
-Go to Settings -> Provider.
-Is 'automatic (search)' checked here? Then you can turn it off by pressing it.
-Now go manually search for available networks, select a supported network. 

I'd love to hear from you if it works after that! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Xtrios 

Do you mean the 7 day unlimited voucher which you get when your home internet is not working? Maybe it doesn't work outside NL.

Hello @Xtrios, welcome to our Community! I checked with your number right away and indeed I see that you have no blockage or other specifics. I also see that you still have enough data to use in Germany. So it should work. 

To rule out some things, I would like to ask you to check some things in your phone. Could you check for me if the software of your phone is up to date? In addition, you can also reset your phone's network settings. On an Android device, you do this in the following way: Settings > General Administration. Then choose Reset and then Reset network settings. If you have an iPhone, you do it this way: 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Transfer or reset [device]' > 'Reset' > 'Restore network settings'.

Otherwise, could you manually select a different network for me? In Germany, you can manually connect to one of the following networks: 

- Telefonica, 
- Telekom, 
- Vodafone. 

So you manually select a network:
*Android
*iOS (iPhone)
-Go to Settings -> Provider.
-Is 'automatic (search)' checked here? Then you can turn it off by pressing it.
-Now go manually search for available networks, select a supported network. 

I'd love to hear from you if it works after that! 

I managed to get it to work. 

Needed to change the APN from smartsites.odido to internet.mobiel

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

@Xtrios nice to read that it worked out! If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know. For now, have a very nice day and journey! 😄

Reageer