Stolen phone

• 29 April 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 37 Bekeken

Hello,
My phone got stolen. I have a contract with Odido for the phone and calling and data services. I don’t know what to do. Can I track my phone with your help. Do i have to wipe the phone. What are the steps that i have to take. Is it possible for me to have the same phone number.
Kind regards,
Sofia

Marciano van Odido 16 dagen geleden

Hi Sofia, I'm sorry about your phone! I blocked your sim card, so the person who stole your phone can't use your subscription. We can't track your phone. Did you perhaps install a setting for 'Find My Phone’? That's the only way to track your phone yourself. I would also report your stolen phone to the police. I hope they can also help.

I can order a new sim card for you. This will take an extra check and a few days before your sim card arrives. Do you have one of our Odido shops nearby? If yes, I would advise you to come by, because that way you will get a new sim card right away. Don't worry - you will keep your own phone number, even with a new sim card. Please let me know what you prefer. I'm happy to help! 😄

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Hi @Sofia-Luiza

I’m so sorry to read that your phone has been stolen. I really want to help you, but I’m a moderator for Internet + TV.

No worries, I’m a 100% sure my colleagues @Pharwin van Odido or @Marciano van Odido can help you with all these questions! I immediately sent them this topic so they can help sort this out. 

If you could please already put your customer number in your Community profile and tell us which phone you have, we will get to work straight away! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Sofia, I'm sorry about your phone! I blocked your sim card, so the person who stole your phone can't use your subscription. We can't track your phone. Did you perhaps install a setting for 'Find My Phone’? That's the only way to track your phone yourself. I would also report your stolen phone to the police. I hope they can also help.

I can order a new sim card for you. This will take an extra check and a few days before your sim card arrives. Do you have one of our Odido shops nearby? If yes, I would advise you to come by, because that way you will get a new sim card right away. Don't worry - you will keep your own phone number, even with a new sim card. Please let me know what you prefer. I'm happy to help! 😄

Good afternoon Marciano,

Thank you for such rapid response. Unfortunately I am in Spain right now, so i wont be able to collect the sim, is it possible to send to an address in Spain? And am I eligible to get a new phone since I pay the insurance for my phone? 

Kind regards,

Sofia

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Sofia, you're very welcome! It's not possible for us to send a new sim card to an address outside of the Netherlands or any other address than the one that's linked to your account. Will you be staying for a long time? In that case you could order a new sim card (to your address in the Netherlands) and have someone send it to you. If you will come back soon, it's best to come to one of our shops as soon as you're back to be online again right away. For now, I advise you to use a local sim card from Spain to stay online in the meantime. 

If your phone gets stolen, you will not receive a new one. Do you have an insurance with us? If so, please contact Chubb and let them know that your phone got stolen. You can contact them through this page. If you got an insure elsewhere, please contact them about the stolen phone. They will let you know what they can do for you! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'm here for you. Otherwise, I hope you will still enjoy your stay in Spain! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

If you got a payout by the insurance company, you can buy a new phone with any retailer. The monthly fee for the stolen phone will still be collected by Odido. 

Reageer