Skip to main content
Beantwoord

My phone was stolen abroad and I need to block the SIM

• 22 July 2024
  • 8 reacties
  • 46 Bekeken

My phone got stolen and I cannot access my account because of 2FA asking me for a code. Theres no otter wat To login bug with the code that is sent to the stolen phone!

I am abroad and I need:

1. To block my SIM urgently 

2. A SIM replacement with the same phone number because my phone number is linked to a ton of other apps that request 2FA with my phone number.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi, if you call customer care with another phone, this can be arranged. Remember that a new simcard will be send to the registred living adres in the Netherlands.  From there you need somebody to forward it to your holiday place.

Reputatie 6
Badge +7

Hello @GabrielaBraga, welcome to our Community! Not so nice that your device was stolen. Let's look at a solution together! I can block the SIM card for you and also request a new one for you free of charge. As our SuperUser Eric points out, it can only be sent to our known address. You will have to make sure the SIM card is sent to you abroad. 

When I search on your email address, I come across the number ending in ***0898. I see that you have already been in contact with a colleague and that your SIM card is blocked. Also, a new one has already been requested and you can expect the SIM card within 3 business days at the address we know. You only have to make sure that the new SIM card is sent to you abroad. We can then take care of the activation for you. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, just let us know! 

Hi @Pharwin van Odido, thanks for your reply. When I called the customer service to block my SIM card, I also asked them to send me an eSIM. However, I didn't receive it so far. Could you please verify if it was sent and, if not, request it again? Thank you!

Reputatie 1

Hi Ana!

I immediately went to work for you and I see that your eSIM is ready in My Odido. I have just sent you the eSIM again by email. The eSIM has been sent to your Gmail. Please check your spam box as well. You can download the QR code, that way the eSIM will be linked to your device.

Will you give me a heads up as soon as the download is successful? I will activate the eSIM for you so you can be reached as soon as possible!

Hi @Anouk van Odido, thank you so much for your support. I received the eSim and downloaded it to my device. Could you please proceed and activate it?

Reputatie 1

Hi @GabrielaBraga,

No problem of course! Thanks for your quick response! As promised, I have hereby activated the eSIM for you. Would you mind restarting your device for me? Then everything will work as it should!

I look forward to hearing from you if it worked.

Hi @GabrielaBraga,

No problem of course! Thanks for your quick response! As promised, I have hereby activated the eSIM for you. Would you mind restarting your device for me? Then everything will work as it should!

I look forward to hearing from you if it worked.

Hi @Anouk van Odido, it worked! Thanks a LOT for your help, I really appreciate it! 

Reputatie 1

I am super happy to read that it worked and you are accessible again. Absolutely no problem. I wish you a very happy time abroad! 🌞