Skip to main content

order : 214814555 No Internet from more than 2months

• 15 August 2024
  • 22 reacties
  • 106 Bekeken

I moved to a new rental house and Signed Odido Subscription on 11th June 2024. When I was taking the subscription over website it showed my address has optical fibre so I opted for it. But its been more than 2 months I am with no internet and I tried  multiple times calling to the customer service but get same answer every time that it will take time. Last time they said the optical fibre will be moved inside house in Mid of August but till now there is no response from them. Today again I called them and got answer that I still need to wait for few more weeks. They also don't have any ETA for the installation and it is very bad service from Odido. 

I didn’t even receive the modem and no updates received from Odido. Can someone help me on this issue.

Order: 214814555

Hi @sriharsha, Welcome to our Community! 

Thank you for creating this topic. I am happy to give you some more explanation about the situation. This is a new fiber optic installation. At the moment the fiber has not been brought inside. This process is completely done by the subcontractor Volkers Wessels Telecom. Unfortunately, we cannot look into their planning. They will contact you as soon as they are ready.
Once the fiber is brought in, your order will be processed and the installation package will be sent to you.

Thanks @Tommie van Odido  for the udpate. Is there any way that I can contact the subcontractore to check the ETA ?

Not really at VWT, but I have forwarded it to our glasvezelafdeling to inquire and call you with an update. Hopefully they will have more information @sriharsha!

Thanks  @Tommie van Odido I will be waiting for the call

@Tommie van Odido I received a call last week Monday from Odido stating they will visit my house on 2nd September and the next day  I called them for what time they will be coming. But for my surprise the date is changed within a day and they mentioned they will come on October 2nd not sure what is happening in backend. If fibre optic takes time to install at least can you install DSL and once Optic Fibre is brought into home I can switch to it. 

Please think about my situation without internet for more than 2 months it is very difficult to work and manage other things as well. Please arrange any other alternate option or suggest any better solution for this. Hope you will help in this situation.

Thanks,

Sriharsha

@sriharsha I’m sorry to hear that the appointment has been postponed. 

I understand your question and I immediately send a message to our Back Office to inform me about the possibilities on your adres. As soon as I hear back I will inform you about this as well. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you in the meantime. I’m happy to help! 

@Teresa van Odido Thanks and I will be waiting for your update

@Teresa van Odido Do we have any update ?

@Teresa van Odido I looked for you, but I have no update yet. 

I immediately send a reminder. I hope I will here back soon, so I can inform you as well. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

@sriharsha I received good news! 😀

I just received word back that we can temporarily connect you to DSL. The costs of this are 35 for 100 Mbit. Do I have your permission to proceed with the order? 

As soon as the order has been processed, you will receive an installation package and before you know it, you’ll be able to enjoy our services! 

Hi @Teresa van Odido .. I am happy for the temporary solution but the price seems to be high compared to the Fibre as per my contract. When I took the contract 1GBps per month is 30 euros and since I have mobile subscription in Odido I got another 5 euros extra discount. At the end my monthly total is 25 euros for fibre . 

But now you are saying that the cost will be 35 Euros for 100 Mbit and it is very costly compared to Fibre. Now if I take the temporary option I need to pay extra untill I get the fibre connection. Since the delay is from your end you need to help on this as I don’t want to pay extra amount for your delay in connection.

And also I want know the ETA when the opticla fibre connection will be available at my house ?

Thanks,
Sriharsha

@Teresa van Odido any update on my email

Hi @sriharsha, I get it. I can't change the price of the DSL connection, I am sorry. If you still want it you can let me know. Because of the fiber process, I am sorry to say there isn't much I can do at the moment. It concerns a high-rise building, there is no ETA I can share. We rely on the grid operator and their planning entirely. Please know that we inform you right away when we have more information to share! 

Hi @Cheyenne van Odido : If you offer for the same price as per my contract then I am Okay for the DSL connection. Since the delay is from your end and as you are offering the temporary solution you need to be provide it for the same contract price. 

Also if I take the DSL contract you will be changing the contratc to the DSL price and after the optic Fibre is connected again you will create new contract with my previous contract price ?

Thanks,
Sriharsha

@Cheyenne van Odido The below is the price of DSL connection for 1 year contract and same 1 year contract I choose for Fibre as well.

It shows 25 Euros per month but you mentioned as 35 euros. Can you explain why is the price difference ?

If it is for 25 euros montly I am ready to take the temporary DSL connection untill I get optic Fibre inside my home.

I am sorry, I can see this as well @sriharsha. The price is € 25 including Klantvoordeel and € € 30 after the discount period of 8 months (not saying you have to wait that long!). If this is ok with you, you can place your own order via our website. Once Fiber is active, we will cancel DSL right away when you give us a heads up!

@Cheyenne van Odido I am okay regarding the price but my doubt is when I took a contract with Odido for fibre I got 10months discount period for 1 year contract. But If I take DSL contract temporarily and change to Fibre once it is active which contract will be in future .

Will the Fibre contract or DSL contract will be there after Fibre is active ?

Thanks,

Sriharsha

Hi @sriharsha, no worries! Your contract will be a DSL contract, but you can change it to a Fiber contract then. Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions or if anything is unclear. For now, I wish you a nice weekend! Greetings, Ishana

@Ishana van Odido : As per my understanding I need to take new DSL contract and once Fibre is into my house my old Fiber contract will be enabled or again I need to take new Fibre contract ?

And also once Fibre is connected will the DSL contract gets terminiated in between or what is complete process in this case can you elborate me clearly so that I can take a decision ASAP.

Thanks,

Sriharsha

You would need to cancel your current contract and then apply for a DSL subscription @sriharsha. You can then apply for a network migration after delivery and once fibre is available, you will be delivered.

@Tommie van Odido : But if I cancel my current Fibre contract and apply for network migration then it a loss for me because my present contract is 1 year contract with 10 months of 30 Euros per month but if I see the present contract I don’t see the same type of contract. If I take new contract once the fibre is available I will not get the same contract which I am having now.

Kindly help on this because going to slower network speed and losing the contract benfits for your delay of installation which should not affect me.

Thanks,

Sriharsha

I can't enter new orders myself @sriharsha. But our sales department can, and they can look at all the options with you. They are only available by phone. Can you see what they can do for you?

Reageer