Skip to main content

Sometimes, when I switch on my TV box (from standby) there is a screen with white noise.

The only way to stop this is to pull the power cable from the TV box and wait for it to reboot.

This happens maybe 1 in 10 times switching on TV box.

Thanks

Hi @texasgooner, welcome to the Community, we're here to help each other as much as possible! 😁

Great that you already tried resetting the TV Box, that pretty much covers the box itself. Could you try rebooting the modem by unplugging the power cord for about 20 seconds whilst unplugging the ethernet-cable as well, please? When the error message shows up on screen regarding no internet (no IP), re-plug the ethernet-cable. If that still doesn't solve the issue, try a factory reset. Also try factory resetting the TV Box. Do keep in mind however, that a factory reset erases your recordings, should you have a TV Box with a recorder. 

Have you checked the wiring yet? Is the HDMI- cable plugged in correctly and firmly and is the UTP (ethernet-cable) connecting modem and TV Box still undamaged? You could always try a different port on the modem. Which modem do you have? If it's a Zyxel, try any of the 4 ports on the back of the modem. That way we'll know for sure which probable causes to exclude. 

We'll find a solution, I'm absolutely positive! 💪😎

Hi @texasgooner,

How is the Tv box connected to the Tv? By HDMI or scart.

Normally white noice is not used by HDMI inputs. Could it be the Tv automatically change to a analog input and switches back when you restart the Tv Box? 

Thanks, everyone. I’m on HDMI. I’ll ry your suggestions above!

Awesome, let us know whether those suggestions work! If not, we'll keep searching for the root cause and solve the issue. 

Reageer