Skip to main content
Hi,

My Telephone sockets are quite far from TV and I need to connect interactive TV boxes to the modem.

So I am thinking to buy wireless ethernet bridge to connect the TV box to the modem.

My plan is to buy two bridges; connect one of them to the TV port and the other to the LAN port of the modem.

Another idea is to connect the modem to the TV box and let it catch the wireless signal from the modem, will it work?

BR
Hi bakbad, I'l gladly provide you with more information! To avoid confusion, with a wireless ethernet bridge do you mean a so called 'powerline' adapter? These will work in most cases but they can cause interference with the TV signal especially when they are connected to different electricity groups in the utility closet so there is no 100% guarantee that this will work. The TV Box can't receive a wireless signal so connecting them wirelessly to the modem will not work. Connecting the TV Box directly to the modem is obviously the best option but using a powerline adapter is used without any problems by a lot of our customers!
Thanks Brian,

My question is that I attached my TV box to wireless adapter (where it takes a cable and convert it to wireless) and connect to the modem the other peer of the wireless adapter (where cable is inserted in port 3 or 4) .. then shall it work ?
Hi bakbad, thanks for clarifying! In that case, yes that should work if the Wifi signal is stable enough but we do officially recommend using a wired connection for the best quality!

Reageer