Beantwoord

Internet TV not working well

• 15 December 2022
  • 5 reacties
  • 47 Bekeken

Hi,

I have a Internet + TV abonnement with a Wifi punt to help with Wifi signal strength in the house. The internet works well for our daily use, but watching the football game yesterday, the signal would be lost often, or the game would just freeze (watching on an ipad, casting to TV is worse with a minute delay). Is the problem with the TV app not working well (at least yesterday), or the Wifi?

Wifi seems to be good on tests with fast.com. 

Thanks for your help and sorry for writing in English! 

icon

Beste antwoord door Cal van Odido 15 December 2022, 12:57

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @neauneau, fun to hear that you’re also a football fan, I would love to help you out to solve this! 

Did you only experience an issue during the football match of yesterday or do you always have this issue with football matches? Are other TV channels working well on your iPad and casting to the TV? 

You indicate that the Wifi speeds are good, so I do not think that it would help you out in a major way but if you haven’t yet you could try to connect the Wifi-punt with a cable to the modem. This ensures that the Wifi-punt is able to emit a much stronger signal than it otherwise would.

I am curious to hear more from you, we’ll definitely solve it!

Hi @Cal , thanks for your quick answer! I’ll try other channels this evening and revert back - haven’t watched much TV outside of the world cup football matches to be honest :-) 

I don’t understand what you mean about the cable connection with the wifi punt. Isn’t the point of the wifi punt to be placed far from the modem to extend the range? I do also have a CPL adapter nearby where my wifi punt is, do you recommend to plug the wifi punt to the CPL instead?

Thanks so much,

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @neauneau, the point of a wifi-extender is to extend the wifi-network/coverage at home. It’s hard to pinpoint a perfect location, but usually the best location is not too far from the modem (within six meters). I’d definitely recommend plugging the wifi-extender into a CPL. Good luck and please tell us the outcome!

Hi @Jason I tried plugging the wifi punt to the CPL, but the first light would stay orange. The CPL Works though, I plugged it in to the TV and it was connected to the internet. Am I supposed to plug the ethernet cable from the CPL to Lan1 or Lan2 on the Wifi punt? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

Hi @neauneau, the first light is the Power light, this means there is no power. Or do you mean the Link light? If the Link light is burning orange this means that there is a connection. Please check the installation tips right here. Have you checked the signal once connected with the CPL? 

Reageer