Beantwoord

Phone connectivity worse since transition to Odido

• 20 April 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 41 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 3 reacties

Hi,

I have an issue with my new 5g Odido subscription. I have an old t-mobile subscription under a customer number back in 2018 and I recently bought a new subscription under a different customer number with Odido and the issues started.

Poor 5g reception, max 10/5mb uplink and averaging lesser than half

I pay for the top of the line up to 1 gbps but thiss low speed is embarrasing.

I checked the map (dekkingkaart) and I should have full coverage. There are no blocks, no unpaid invoices and I restarted the phone/replaced the sim.

Weirdly the old tmobile sim reaches about 50mbps on a cheaper subscription even…

what is going wrong here? Can anyone check?

icon

Beste antwoord door Marciano van Odido 22 April 2024, 15:23

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

And in advance before suggesting a reboot of the device or replacing the sim, that does not seem to help.. as this is/was tried before

I did try changing the APN to smartsites.t-mobile and internet as opposed to the default internet.mobiel but neither of them work properly so it seems

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Jelley 

The old subscription is cancelled and now you have a new one?

Do you also have a poor 5G connection when you are somewhere else on NL? Maybe you can try setting the netwerkmodus under mobiele neytwerken to 2G/3G/4G to see of 4G orrforms better.

Nah I have an old one and a new one.

one under me and one under my wife hence I can test the differences of the legacy subscription from 2018 with tmobile and the new one.

Issue was located in Tiel, Utrecht and Amsterdam as I frequently use the phone at home or at work… so I think that does show a lot.

I will set it to 4g and report back somewhere tomorrow with results

At first glance I see the same results.. but they might get better?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Jelley, welcome to our Community! Nice to see that you got a new Hello subscription with us. It's about the phone number with 00 in the end, correct? You should have a normal/good 5G connection everywhere, so let's see what we can do! Firstly, please check if your phone has an update available. It might sound irrelevant, but it's important for your phone to be fully up to date. Did you already get a new eSIM after you started experiencing the slow connection?

Is your phone up to date and you still have a slow connection? Then, I will open a case for my technical colleagues, so they can investigate it for you. Please gather 3 different examples of when your connection was poor. An example consists of date, time and location. Important: the examples can be up to 3 days old.

Please let me know if you prefer to be called back in the morning or afternoon. My colleagues will contact you as soon as possible about your case. I expect them to work on your case within 4 days after I open a case! 😄

Reageer