Skip to main content

Seems that my plan also has international barring. I have no service as soon as crossing the Belgium border. Chat bot is telling me to call for help but I can’t as I have no service and am abroad (Belgium / France). Can you please remove this barring ASAP? Thanks

Hi @downperiscope, nice that you are in Belgium! Of course I would be happy to help you make sure you can use your subscription as usual here too. I immediately went to check for you and see that this was not possible, because you just got a new subscription with us. In that case, we will block your subscription abroad for the first 3 months as a precaution, to protect you from extra high costs. In your case, this is not necessary as you are in Belgium. Here, your bundles are valid as usual. I have therefore removed the block for you! Sometimes it is necessary to restart your phone and select a network manually. In Belgium you can use the network of Orange B, Base and Proximus. Will you let me know if it is working? I wish you a nice stay!

I was in Belgium when I posted that but am in France now. Can you unblock france as well? I have had to buy an eSIM in the meantime from another company. Not impressed that this is the default to lock the first 3 months of service yet charge me the same price. Does my plan not include service in all of the EU at no additional cost? Thats what I was told when I purchased it.

Hi @downperiscope, nice that you are in Belgium! Of course I would be happy to help you make sure you can use your subscription as usual here too. I immediately went to check for you and see that this was not possible, because you just got a new subscription with us. In that case, we will block your subscription abroad for the first 3 months as a precaution, to protect you from extra high costs. In your case, this is not necessary as you are in Belgium. Here, your bundles are valid as usual. I have therefore removed the block for you! Sometimes it is necessary to restart your phone and select a network manually. In Belgium you can use the network of Orange B, Base and Proximus. Will you let me know if it is working? I wish you a nice stay!

I was in Belgium when I posted that but am in France now. Can you unblock france as well? I have had to buy an eSIM in the meantime from another company. Not impressed that this is the default to lock the first 3 months of service yet charge me the same price. Does my plan not include service in all of the EU at no additional cost? Thats what I was told when I purchased it.

Hi @downperiscope, nice that you are in Belgium! Of course I would be happy to help you make sure you can use your subscription as usual here too. I immediately went to check for you and see that this was not possible, because you just got a new subscription with us. In that case, we will block your subscription abroad for the first 3 months as a precaution, to protect you from extra high costs. In your case, this is not necessary as you are in Belgium. Here, your bundles are valid as usual. I have therefore removed the block for you! Sometimes it is necessary to restart your phone and select a network manually. In Belgium you can use the network of Orange B, Base and Proximus. Will you let me know if it is working? I wish you a nice stay!

Hello. I am following up again as I’m in France and it’s still not working. I have tried restarting multiple times and ensured data roaming and mobile data on my iPhone are both switched on. I’m having to rely on my prepaid alternative eSIM I bought. Can you please activate my plan to work in all the EU as that is what I am paying for? Thanks

Hello. I am following up again as I’m in France and it’s still not working. I have tried restarting multiple times and ensured data roaming and mobile data on my iPhone are both switched on. I’m having to rely on my prepaid alternative eSIM I bought. Can you please activate my plan to work in all the EU as that is what I am paying for? Thanks

Just bumping this up as I am still without access to my phone plan. Please remove the international barring.

Hi downperiscope, there is only 1 barring for international roaming. There's not a barring per country, so there is no barring anymore. Let's see how we can fix this for you. I've looked into your account, and I see in Mijn Odido, that your sim card was last connected in the Netherlands. Please try the following:

1. Restart your phone and pull out your sim card for a few minutes before putting it back in. This should make your sim card reconnect to a network
  2. If that doesn't help; please reset your network settings in your phone. Then manually connect to one of these networks: Orange or Bouygues.

Please let me know if this fixed it for you!

Reageer