Skip to main content

I am writing to express my extreme frustration with the unacceptable experience I have had while trying to purchase two Pixel 9 Pro 256GB phones to add to the SIM-only subscriptions, my wife and I have with Odido since April.

To provide some context, our ordeal began in August when we attempted to add these phones to our existing subscriptions during a promotion for the 256GB version. After several hours on the phone with customer support, we were told a new subscription would be initiated upon pickup, and the phones would be available from September 9th. Despite informing your team that I would be out of the country until September 19th, I was assured this would not be an issue.

However, on September 11th, my wife went to pick up her phone to try and see if they had arrived and the SMS didn't arrive, she was informed that neither phone had arrived. On September 19th, when we visited the store again, we learned that both phones had arrived but were returned without any communication from Odido. I was further informed that our orders had been canceled (without our consent) and that I would need to reorder the phones, which would be delivered in November and that no Gray or White phones are available anymore.

Following this, I contacted customer service again, only to be told that I would need to travel to different cities (Rotterdam and Almere) to pick up the phones. After wasting more of my time and fuel to visit both locations, neither store had the phones in stock despite being told otherwise.

At this point, I was left with no option but to settle for ordering two black Pixel 9 Pro phones in-store, as I was told that this was the only color available for the 256GB version. Shockingly, my wife’s order went through, but I was once again told that I could not add a phone to my subscription.

The level of incompetence and lack of communication in handling what should have been a straightforward process is beyond comprehension. I have spent countless hours on the phone, driven between cities, and visited your stores multiple times—all while encountering constant roadblocks.

To add to my frustrations, I've already sold what was my current phone, the only reason I'm able to have a phone is because a friend loaned me one. 

To be clear, this is what I expect from Odido after jerking me around so much

1. Provide both my wife and I with the originally requested Pixel 9 Pro 256GB phones (Gray for me, White for her) without any further delays.

2. Ensure that my subscription is updated so that I can finally add a phone to it without issue.

If a satisfactory solution is not provided, I will have no choice but to terminate our subscriptions and switch to another provider. My patience has been exhausted, and I need a clear and immediate resolution. And I don't think I will be having any trouble given that for some reason my subscription is not what I ordered and signed (SIM only subscriptions, which I can prove, so Odido is basically enforcing me into a type of contract I didn't agree to)

I think your claim that this is a scam is overrated. It is more just a bad service.

I think your claim that this is a scam is overrated. It is more just a bad service.

I believe you meant “overreaction,” but I would argue that you're being overly optimistic. Yes, it could be poor service, but if you look at it from a different perspective, it raises some serious concerns.

Here’s why: they locked us into a subscription for two years that, despite their promises, cannot even add a phone to it—something we never agreed to. We didn’t buy a phone with them initially, so this restriction shouldn't exist. They convinced me to place an order during a limited-time promotion, where I could have easily purchased the phones from any other retailer. However, they canceled those orders without my consent after the promotion period ended. Now, I’m left having to get the phones through Odido if I want the "advantage" price, and to this day I'm not able to place an order again, so I might easily end up having to pay full price, and most certainly at a later date—without even being able to get the colors I originally wanted.

When a company puts you in a position where you’re forced to pay more or wait longer, after canceling orders you never asked to be canceled, it starts to feel more deliberate than just bad service.

Reageer