Skip to main content

New contract didn't activate on delivery

• 22 September 2023
  • 2 reacties
  • 70 Bekeken

I recently received a new phone and eSIM, delivered by PostNL. This is an extension of an existing contract with a new tariff. 

Unfortunately, I can’t get the eSIM to activate. I scanned the QR code using the phone, but after a while it says “activation failed”.

I logged in to My Odido. The new eSIM number isn’t available for activation — I only see the eSIM corresponding to my old phone listed.

According to the “Abonnementen” page, my old contract is still in effect, and my new contract will start “Direct zodra je bestelling geleverd is”. I know that it has been delivered, because I am holding it in my hand!

When I check the status of my order at https://www.odido.nl/service/bestelling/mobiel, it tells me that “We hebben je bestelling meegegeven aan onze bezorger”, but that it has not yet been delivered.

However, PostNL knows that it has been delivered — “We hebben je pakket om 12:07 bij je bezorgd” says their e-mail.

So… how do I convince Odido that the delivery has been completed and they should activate my new contract?!

Thanks for your help!

Hello @RipaP 

Because you allready have a working eSIM, you don't need a new one. Your renewal will be active on your current eSIM.

Thank you @Waqqas !

I was able to activate the old eSIM on the new phone… but it only gets a 3G connection, which is a bit sad given that my new contract should be 600 MBit/s “Unlimited Plus”. I guess at least I’m online now, so I can wait a couple of days to see if the new contract kicks in.

Reageer