Beantwoord

Upload speed 500 mbit instead of 1000 mbit

• 23 October 2023
  • 29 reacties
  • 480 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

Hello.

I recently got a fiber optic connection. The stated speed is 1000 mbps in both directions, but this speed is actually achieved only on download. For some reason upload is limited to ~500 mbit. I check by connecting to the terminal with a wire, not via wi-fi. I tried to reboot the equipment - it doesn't help.

There is similar topics on the forum with the same problem:
https://community.odido.nl/bekabeld-internet-492/lag-spikes-upload-wordt-niet-gehaald-glasvezel-355116
https://community.odido.nl/bekabeld-internet-492/nieuwe-aansluiting-download-1000mbit-upload-500mbit-356963

Please, let's do all the necessary magic and fix the connection. Outgoing speed is important to me.

icon

Beste antwoord door wf1nder 24 October 2023, 10:17

Bekijk origineel

29 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @wf1nder 

Can you perform the speedtest with another internetcable and use the Ookla speedtest app instead?

You can also try with another laptop/pc.

Hello @wf1nder 

Can you perform the speedtest with another internetcable and use the Ookla speedtest app instead?

You can also try with another laptop/pc.

@Waqqas, thanks for the reply. Actually, I have already checked everything that is possible: different cables, different computers, different ways of checking: speedtest, speedtest-cli, iperf3, rclone, cyberduck, etc. Upload speed is clearly limited to about 500 mbits or a little more.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @wf1nder

I re-registrated your ONT. Can you remove the power of 10 seconds of if and test it agian. Thanks! 

Hi @Sven-Odido,

Restarted ONT, checked, and it looks like the problem is gone. Now almost symmetrical 1000 mbps in both directions.
Thanks!

Hi It seems I have exactly the same issue

Tried several times to restart everything, tried wires, test servers, etc and nothing works

@Sven-Odido  can you check it?

Thanks in advance

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Giondo, I'd like to re-register the ONT serial. Can you add your customer number (for example ABC12345) to your community profile please? Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: I re-registered the ONT and it looks promising!

Hi customer number updated 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Giondo, I have just re-rigged the ONT. If all goes well it will restart the ONT, if not? Would you please power down the ONT for 30 seconds and let everything boot up. Then you should see an immediate improvement in your speed. 

it seems to be working better now

Hi  Tommie van Odido , looks like same issue for me as well, I have recently taken the connection. Can you please check it.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @yashraghavan, Tommie is enjoying a well-deserved couple of days off. I've re-registered the ONT serial and it looks good so far.

Hi @Jason van Odido could you do the same for me? My customer number should be in my profile. I'm experiencing the same upload speed cap as the topic starter.

Much appreciated!

Hi @Jason van Odido could you do the same for me? My customer number should be in my profile. I'm experiencing the same upload speed cap as the topic starter.

Much appreciated!

I've created my own topic for this so please refer to that, a seperate topic seemed like a better idea for visibility :)

My problem has been resolved through my own topic, my ask for help above can be ignored!

Hi @yashraghavan, Tommie is enjoying a well-deserved couple of days off. I've re-registered the ONT serial and it looks good so far.

Hope he is having nice vacation. @Jason van Odido  still download speed is 597Mbps and upload is 664 Mbps. Can  you check again, I have restarted the modem and tested the speed.

Hi @yashraghavan, Tommie is enjoying a well-deserved couple of days off. I've re-registered the ONT serial and it looks good so far.

Hope he is having nice vacation. @Jason van Odido  still download speed is 597Mbps and upload is 664 Mbps. Can  you check again, I have restarted the modem and tested the speed.

I have checked today, day by day it is reducing its speed.

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

Hi @yashraghavan In this speedtest, is this on wifi or cabled? I have checked the connection again, but this looks good. When you restarted the modem, did you also restarted the Media Converter? If not, can you try to restart both by getting both off the power for at least 30 seconds? Then put the Media Converter back on and once this is fully restarted, put the modem back on. Let me know if this makes any difference! 

I have the same issue, being a new client I have done some tests on my nas and laptop from various cabled points on the network. Both Upload and Download are not 1GB, with upload not going over 500/600Mbps, Max I have seen on the download is ~ 800. Image from last speedtest on ookla directly connected to the Zyxel with a cat5 cable:

Should I start a new thread for this or can the same be checked and possible fixed?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @deric.venra, welcome to our Community!

I have re-rigged your ONT. Could you test your internet speed again? If this did not work, could you run a full speed test then?

The instructions for this can be found on our website.

Please follow all the steps carefully, please share the screenshots in the topic instead of to our email. We cannot process an application with missing steps.

@Tommie van Odido

Thank you for the response. However now the internet is no longer working. The zyxel has. Red light for the internet and the Fibre box has a flashing PON, but nothing for LOS. LAN is green and connected.

Is it possible to see what the issue is? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @deric.venra, I checked again and something went wrong. I fixed the issue and you should be online. Can you confirm this? 

@Tommie van Odido

I just checked and I am online again. Just wanted to confirm that.

I also checked the speedtest and it does look to have improved, got 850 down and 750 up. I will just test a few more times over the weekend to see how it goes.

Thank you for sorting it out so quickly. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@deric.venra can you keep an eye on the connection over the next few days? If it stays like this would you please start your own topic about this and provide a full speed test in it? Then I can investigate further! Thanks in advance. 

The instructions for this can be found on our website.
- If you have a computer with macOS, please check this page: handleiding-snelheidsproblemen-mac-os.pdf (odido.nl)
- If you have a Windows computer, please check this page: handleiding-snelheidsproblemen-windows-10.pdf (odido.nl)
Please follow all the steps carefully, please share the screenshots in the topic instead of to our e-mail. We cannot process an application with missing steps.

Hi It seems I have exactly the same issue

Tried several times to restart everything, tried wires, test servers, etc and nothing works

@Sven-Odido  can you check it?

Thanks in advance

Dear Giondo,

I have a similar problem, I am using Ethernet Gigabit connection but I can only get half at upload speed.

Can you also help me in this case?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Ufuk.Ulusoy, welcome to our Community!

I have just re-rigged the ONT. The ONT should restart by itself, if not? Would you please power down the ONT for 30 seconds and let everything boot up. Then you should see an immediate improvement in your speed. 

Reageer