Skip to main content

Unstable home DSL internet connection for a long perdiod

• 20 July 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 51 Bekeken

Hey,

I'm hoping to get some advice or assistance regarding my home internet connection from Odido. For the past few weeks, my connection has been incredibly unstable. Both my WiFi and Ethernet connections keep dropping out, and restarting my modem and router only provides a temporary fix. I experience problems at any time of the day

This is seriously impacting my ability to work from home, stream content, and even just browse the internet. I've tried all the basic troubleshooting steps without success.

Help in an application or website didn't seem helpful

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @litlemn 

Can you share a picture of the connection point your modem is connected to and which devices do you have connected to the LAN ports?

Hello @litlemn 

Can you share a picture of the connection point your modem is connected to and which devices do you have connected to the LAN ports?

There is some photos, I connect one laptop via ethernet lan port, other devices connected via wifi.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@litlemn

I assume the box on the second photo is connected to another connection point or is this rhe only connection point in your house?

Also tried a factor reset by pressing the reset button on the back of the Zyxel for about 10 seconds using a small object?

@litlemn

I assume the box on the second photo is connected to another connection point or is this rhe only connection point in your house?

Also tried a factor reset by pressing the reset button on the back of the Zyxel for about 10 seconds using a small object?

It’s the only connection point in my apartment.

@litlemn

I have now tried a factory reset—we will see, but I don't have high expectations.

Still have connections problems:

~ % ping 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=0 ttl=60 time=10.539 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 ttl=60 time=102.399 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=2 ttl=60 time=9.520 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=3 ttl=60 time=16.001 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=4 ttl=60 time=10.203 ms
Request timeout for icmp_seq 5
Request timeout for icmp_seq 6
Request timeout for icmp_seq 7
Request timeout for icmp_seq 8
Request timeout for icmp_seq 9
Request timeout for icmp_seq 10
Request timeout for icmp_seq 11
Request timeout for icmp_seq 12
92 bytes from home (192.168.1.1): Destination Net Unreachable
Vr HL TOS Len ID Flg off TTL Pro cks Src Dst
4 5 00 5400 f6a1 0 0000 40 01 b240 192.168.1.15 8.8.8.8

Request timeout for icmp_seq 13
Request timeout for icmp_seq 14
Request timeout for icmp_seq 15
Request timeout for icmp_seq 16
Request timeout for icmp_seq 17
Request timeout for icmp_seq 18
Request timeout for icmp_seq 19
Request timeout for icmp_seq 20
Request timeout for icmp_seq 21
Request timeout for icmp_seq 22
Request timeout for icmp_seq 23
Request timeout for icmp_seq 24
Request timeout for icmp_seq 25
Request timeout for icmp_seq 26
Request timeout for icmp_seq 27
Request timeout for icmp_seq 28
Request timeout for icmp_seq 29
Request timeout for icmp_seq 30
Request timeout for icmp_seq 31
Request timeout for icmp_seq 32
Request timeout for icmp_seq 33
^C
--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
35 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 85.7% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 9.520/29.732/102.399/36.407 ms

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @litlemn, I checked it immediately! I also see it in the measurements. That's why I immediately sent a technician to check everything on location. You will receive an email and text message from us within fifteen minutes, allowing you to schedule the appointment. If you are home on the planned date and time, everything will be fine! Greetings, Ishana

Reageer