Skip to main content
Beantwoord

No internet since 20/08 (again...)

• 26 August 2024
  • 6 reacties
  • 60 Bekeken

On August 20th, I came home from work and no internet. The wifi was connecting but the ONT device was flashing red on the LOS light. I have restarted everything multiple times, and checked all the cables.

(nothing had changed since the morning when it worked)

I was on the phone to Odido all of last week. I was told that there is no point in a technician coming to our house as the issue is outside the building. 

I’m getting tired of calling and getting no results or clear answers. 

Is there anyone that can help and maybe priovide an update on the repair?

Many thanks, 

Thank you for reaching out to us through our community! @MDemettre 

My sincere apologies for this inconvenience. This is not how we want things to be. I’m here to help you further! 

I looked into the system and see that there is a ticket in process at our Back Office. I immediately send them a message to ask for an update. As soon as I know more, I will inform you about this as well. 

In the meantime, I would like to offer you an unlimited vouchercode so that you can set up a hotspot and connect your other devices. If you have an Odido or BEN sim card, I can send you one straight away. Please let me know if you want this, so I can send it to you.

If there is anything else I can help you with, do not hesitate so to say so. I’m here to assist you! 😊

@MDemettre I’ve just received an update from my colleague from the Back Office. I’m glad to hear that you have been contacted and a technician is sent your way! 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you in the meantime. I’m here to help! 

Thank you for helping to sort this out.
A technician has been today and resolved the issue. It was outside the house and apparently some cables had been unplugged in the meterkast (2km away from my house).

I’m very suprised this took a week to resolve.

I was told to call back to say when the internet had been returned to claim compensation for the number of days without internet. 

Is it possible to claim this without calling you?

Many thanks,

@MDemettre I’m really happy to read that your connection has been restored! 😀

I immediately processed the compensation for the time you could not enjoy our services. The system calculates this automatically and this will be deducted from your next bill. You will receive an e-mail confirmation about this. 

If there is anything else I can do, don’t hesitate to tell me. I’m here to help! 

Thank you for your help and sorting out the compensation - I really appreciate your help 😀

I have a further issue however. 
The speeds I have are much much worse and less consistent than my previous provider.

Because the router is now moved into the meterkast, the wifi signal in half the my aparetment was gone (due to electrical interference).

I received a Wifi plus extender and have set that up. The signal is better, but the speeds are much worse, even when I’m next to the main router.

I never reach 1Gbps when I used to (easily 1 - 1.3Gbps on my old provider).

Before I had the Wifi Plus extenders, it would sometimes hit 1Gbps, but it would take a long time.

Is there anything that can be done?

Do I need to get a better router? Or maybe increase the speeds with Odido?

Many thanks,

Hi @MDemettre, if you want, you can move the modem back to the living room, but you will need to run at least one Cat6 cable between the ONT and the modem. At the very least, you will have better coverage. What is your wired speed?

Reageer